• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Earlier, warmer Springs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    ftfy
    Ah, so you're back again. Kisses god botherer.

You do talk some tulipe d000hg

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
      , and that records are being broken more regularly of late, than before.
      You have to be really careful when you listen to advocates spin their points of view. It's very rare to hear the scientists making wild claims, but the true believers are pure spin-merchants

for example OH. Do you realise that for nine out of the last ten years, I have been the tallest that I have ever been ?

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

And I have slightly more legs than the average person?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          And I have slightly more legs than the average person?

I learned something new today.

I was referring to the spin that 8 out of the last 10 years are the warmest on record. does that mean it is warming ? cooling ? staying the same. In fact it is pure spin designed to give a false impression.

I can assure OH that although 9 out of the last 10 years have been the tallest in my life, I will not be fourteen feet high by the end of the year
          (\__/)
          (>'.'<)

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
            You have to be really careful when you listen to advocates spin their points of view. It's very rare to hear the scientists making wild claims, but the true believers are pure spin-merchants

for example OH. Do you realise that for nine out of the last ten years, I have been the tallest that I have ever been ?

Do you know 4 out of 10 accidents are caused by drink drivers. Does this make it more dangerous to drive sober?

Comment

Do you know 4 out of 10 accidents are caused by drink drivers. Does this make it more dangerous to drive sober?

exactly. watch out for the spin.

keep your eye on the pea
              (\__/)
              (>'.'<)

Comment

I've already alluded to the fact I have no idea if this is a pattern, if this is just how it is, or if this is global warming, for I genuinely do not have an idea. However, you can see weather has become more extreme. Also, and again, this is just a logical step, if our weather is dictated to us by the Gulf stream, and this, itself, is affected by arctic water temperatures, then surely, the logical process thinking about this means our weather will change, if the course of the gulf stream is altered. That's simply a natural logical thought process.

From what I can see, the temperatures are rising, as ice is melting at a faster rate than on record. Will this affect the Gulf Stream, is it affecting the Gulf stream? I don't know. Sure as hell feels like something is changing.

Comment

I've already alluded to the fact I have no idea if this is a pattern, if this is just how it is, or if this is global warming, for I genuinely do not have an idea. However, you can see weather has become more extreme. Also, and again, this is just a logical step, if our weather is dictated to us by the Gulf stream, and this, itself, is affected by arctic water temperatures, then surely, the logical process thinking about this means our weather will change, if the course of the gulf stream is altered. That's simply a natural logical thought process.

From what I can see, the temperatures are rising, as ice is melting at a faster rate than on record. Will this affect the Gulf Stream, is it affecting the Gulf stream? I don't know. Sure as hell feels like something is changing.
                  I think you'll find our weather is affected by the jet stream more than the gulf stream.

What is the jet stream? - Met Office

Comment

Climate has always changed and it always will. Climate changed before humans were around and it will change long after we are gone
                    (\__/)
                    (>'.'<)

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                      Climate has always changed and it always will. Climate changed before humans were around and it will change long after we are gone
                      But I am not saying that isn't so EO, I am simply saying something is definitely changing, and it will affect our weather, should the ice melt be enough to put the gulf stream off track.

That's all. Something has most certainly changed, and I am unsure as to whether this is a natural, or man made phenomenon; I am unsure as to something we may have doen to speed it up.

Comment

Working...
                      X