• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CUK Cookbook

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Can't you do both? That way the Amazon version might catch some extra sales especially if you get CUK people to review it favourably.
    It would be nice but I think admin has been very generous with his time and trying to manage the accounts from amazon and just giving and making sure we don't cross any lines where hector could step in and take yet more money destined for charity is probably too much, so one line whereby the money is going straight to charity is a good idea.

Not an ideal situation but given amazon take a hefty chunk in royalties and also in some cases delivery ( yes, there are admin fees for that as well).
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
      Justgiving takes a chunk from the donation as well
      Indeed. How hard can it be for techy people to sell something on a simple store, a PDF or mobi or something - surprised nobody offered (it's not my area so I can't).
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
        Have you looked at lulu.com?

That gives multiple format options that you can apply so people can choose to get it in a format that they want.

Justgiving takes a chunk from the donation as well - Virgin do a charity sponsorship site which doesn't, IIRC.
        They don't take as much as amazon do.
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
          They don't take as much as amazon do.
          But significantly more than VIrgin Money Giving - both in terms of annual fee to the charity to register, plus the charges they take from each donation.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Almost there!

The just giving page will be going live in the next day or so..

Will keep you posted!

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Which charidee?

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                Which charidee?
                Macmillan nurses.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Revival of the dead thread! :zombie:

What happened to this? I only ask cos I mentioned on TPD there should be a CUK cookbook and was kindly advised it had already been done.

Comment

I have found a copy of the PDF - some names from the past in there! & the photo of the suckling pig has made me want bacon for breakfast.
                    Growing old is mandatory
                    Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      Revival of the dead thread! :zombie:

What happened to this? I only ask cos I mentioned on TPD there should be a CUK cookbook and was kindly advised it had already been done.
                      I'll fwd you my copy. A donation to MacMillan nurses is always a good thing

Comment

Working...
                      X