• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

First dance at a wedding

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We had ' I will love you' by Fisher.

Lyrics:

'Til my body is dust
    'til my soul is no more
    I will love you, love you
    'Til the sun starts to cry
    and the moon turns to rust
    I will love you, love you
    But I need to know - will you stay for all
    time...forever and a day
    Then I'll give my heart 'til the end of all
    time...forever and a day

'Til the storms fill my eyes
    and we touch the last time
    I will love you, love you...

Comment

Wanted Nothing else matters by Metallica but the band didn't know it, in the end they just played something by Van Morrison, not that it mattered anyway as it ended in divorce

Mr N and I have often said if we ever got married it would be Song of Love by The Divine Comedy or Bill Bailey's version of the Hokey Cokey

Thankfully we won't ever be getting married.
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Eberneezer Goode at mine, but I think that was just accidental
        Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          So what did everyone whose married (or in some cases for those of you who've been up the aisle more than once) what was the first song you had on the dance floor at your wedding?

We're presently settling on Lavendar by Marillion funnily enough not my choose but the other halfs, by suggestion of the Prodigy Smack my Bitch up was met with some resistance.

What was yours?

Nb : Virgins, Squirrel botherer and Russians need not apply.
          Nice choice if it was a civil partnership.
          Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
            I always think of Heroin when I hear the Lou Reed version. Was it in Trainspotters or something?
            IIRC the song is addressed to heroin: I'm glad I spent it with you...

Odd choice for a first dance but a great song.

I had the barn dance band strike up Star of the County Down for first dance with Mrs OG.

Perhaps MF could have Tracey Chapman's Behind the Wall.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              IIRC the song is addressed to heroin: I'm glad I spent it with you...

Odd choice for a first dance but a great song.

I had the barn dance band strike up Star of the County Down for first dance with Mrs OG.

Perhaps MF could have Tracey Chapman's Behind the Wall.
              I heard that when you married your 'partner' then this was your first song.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                I heard that when you married your 'partner' then this was your first song.
                You shouldn't believe everything Mrs NLUK tells you.

Comment

An aquaintence of mine had 'More than a Woman' by the Bee Gees.

Turned out to be true with his Thai Bride!
                  But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
                    An aquaintence of mine had 'More than a Woman' by the Bee Gees.

Turned out to be true with his Thai Bride!
                    I was giving my new Thai bride a blow job the other night when I thought hang on a minute.

Comment

I have no idea, I can't remember much about my wedding day.
                      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                      X