• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dress code for day 1?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've only worn a tie at weddings and funerals since 2000. For interview I'll wear a suit but not a tie.

Luckily my clients are meedja types so it's not an issue.
    England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
      I like the current client co is that they let me dress like a bin man
      Well, you are driving garbage disposal truck.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Albert View Post
        I've only worn a tie at weddings and funerals since 2000. For interview I'll wear a suit but not a tie.

Luckily my clients are meedja types so it's not an issue.
        Probably means you have to spend more than the cost of a suit on horn rimmed glasses, floppy haircuts, cardigans and loafers.

Edit: and a leatherette ipad case.
        "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Originally posted by Freamon View Post
          Probably means you have to spend more than the cost of a suit on horn rimmed glasses, floppy haircuts, cardigans and loafers.

Edit: and a leatherette ipad case.

In fairness, I'm not upto a floppy haircut anymore. More of a comb over from the beard.
          England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

Shirt and tie everyday, once a MD of a small "hipster" consultancy said its ok to dress down, his company doesn't have a dress code, my reply was simply "No, but mine does"
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

How do you introduce yourself to the team in the 1st day (puns, puns)?

Comment

Usually a suit minus the tie and jacket. Occasionally jeans and t shirt. Never shorts on day 1.
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Just a little smarter than the permies

Comment

Originally posted by mickey View Post
                    How do you introduce yourself to the team in the 1st day (puns, puns)?
                    I'm here because you can't do your job
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I always ask during the interview.

I recently missed out on a role because I turned up in a suit and tie and, the client had an everyday smart, casual dress code. They said I'd 'feel' more comfortable working in a corporate environment so now, Im asking agents whether the client has business suit or a smart, casual dress at interview.
                      I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Working...
                      X