• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What happened to your tsunami aid?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: courts

Lucifer Box: The Danes in conversation refer to it as a 300% tax so maybe it is one for yourself and three for the state then. Which is probably why I've got the only road going Lambos round here. (The others I've seen running about have been on day/weekend & trade plates)

Comment

Ever so glad I restrained myself from making a donation during the ridiculous fuss...

Comment

Threaded: It might be that the average Joe in Denmark has a shaky grasp of maths and (as you could well imagine also happening in Britiain) refer to a tax that roughly trebles the price of a car erroneously as a 300% tax. The Danish Car Taxes site seems pretty sure that it is a "mere" 180%.

Anyway, it's a punitive tax.

Comment

Lucifer Box: That'd be for just one of the taxes, then there're things like the CO2 taxes, VAT/MOMS, registration tax, recycling tax, wealth tax (as you now own something of value).

I'm pretty sure if a Dane says it is 300% it is.

And being as I am at the Uni today I'll just nip down the corridor and ask one of the Profs in the Maths dept.. He said 300%.

Comment

How did the greed of the Sri Lankan Gov't over Tsunami relief aid get to Danish tax rates so quickly ?

Surprised someone needed a professor for this but any way.

If the tax rate is 300%, then the price incl tax is 4 times the amount before tax.

If the price incl tax is 3 times the price before tax, then the tax %age is 200%

IMO Oxfam were also at fault for paying this import duty. If they couldn't take the vehicles back without paying money they should have just left the vehicles at the Columbo port making sure they took plenty of film footage in the process.

The Sri Lankan Gov't could adopt whatever penalties they liked 1000%, 2000%, whatever - who and why would anyone need to pay it ?

If the trucks lay rotting at the port because the Sri Lankan Gov't were blackmailing Oxfam, that would be seen as the Sri Lankan Govt's fault, no one elses. And the trucks would simply continue rotting at the port.

Comment

Working...
            X