• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Arse! Got a Bob interview via a Bob Agency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arse! Got a Bob interview via a Bob Agency

Dreading it! Should I bin it?

Poor rate but just round corner, 'telephonic' interview but after the last Bob interview I had I don't fancy another point scoring contest.

Six weeks left here - starting to look around now for new opportunities/bargaining power for rate if extension is forthcoming!

Still not sure it's worth a trip down Bob Kane tho....

What's a bob interview?

Lisa: "Gary, you can't blame yourself for what gorillas did."

Comment

Much technical questions irrelevant to the contract in question, plenty cheapness on the rate
      Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
        Much technical questions irrelevant to the contract in question, plenty cheapness on the rate
        plus using the answers to prep your Bob Doppelgänger at the client. Unless you come in at minimum wage its not yours.

Drop a few subtle open ended answers that will harpoon anyone going in by wrote.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

and in my experience they usually have a Bob contractor in the interview who turns it into a dick-swinging contest trying to justify his/her bob-rate

Comment

For some reason the word "bobbit" comes to mind.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Would you work for a slave ship company?

Its basically the same...

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post

starting to look around now for new opportunities/bargaining power for rate if extension is forthcoming!
                I don't quite see how having a "bob" contract offer for £200/day (say) constitutes bargaining power?

If anything they might then reduce your extension offer rate rather than increase it..

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
                  I don't quite see how having a "bob" contract offer for £200/day (say) constitutes bargaining power?

If anything they might then reduce your extension offer rate rather than increase it..
                  Actually it's not so Black and White, if you'll pardon the racist pun; although the rate offered at the start of this episode (three weeks ago) was a laughable £180/day, it's now moving ever closer to a more acceptable £400/day, though less than I'm used to, and less than current, it's literally 15 mins walk from Chez stek in sunny Yorkshire, saving me £££££ on airfares and Dublin prices, so worth a punt maybe?

Plus I'm inching ever closer to 183 days here, and whilst the Irish taxman is a pussycat compared to the Brit and German ones, and there's no real proof how long I've been here with cross border crossing and the Common Travel Area but I'd rather stay clean on that one.

Why would they reduce anything, how would they know the rate offered? The rate night be (very) less but there's other things to consider.

Can't see me going for it though, although I do think I should see how it goes, something is better than nothing if it comes off and nowt else does.

Never take anything for granted, I've been at this contracting game since 1992!!

Comment

Working...
                  X