Arse! Got a Bob interview via a Bob Agency Arse! Got a Bob interview via a Bob Agency
Posts 1 to 9 of 9

Double Godlike!

stek - scorchio!

Default Arse! Got a Bob interview via a Bob Agency

Dreading it! Should I bin it?

Poor rate but just round corner, 'telephonic' interview but after the last Bob interview I had I don't fancy another point scoring contest.

Six weeks left here - starting to look around now for new opportunities/bargaining power for rate if extension is forthcoming!

Still not sure it's worth a trip down Bob Kane tho....

Still gathering requirements...

babybel has no reputation

Default What's a bob interview?

Super poster

amcdonald is too good to be a permie

Much technical questions irrelevant to the contract in question, plenty cheapness on the rate
    Doing the needful since 1827

My post count is Majestic

vetran is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by amcdonald View Post
    Much technical questions irrelevant to the contract in question, plenty cheapness on the rate
    plus using the answers to prep your Bob Doppelgänger at the client. Unless you come in at minimum wage its not yours.

Drop a few subtle open ended answers that will harpoon anyone going in by wrote.
    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

Banned

Ketchup has no reputation

and in my experience they usually have a Bob contractor in the interview who turns it into a dick-swinging contest trying to justify his/her bob-rate

Respect my authoritah!

NotAllThere is always on top

For some reason the word "bobbit" comes to mind.
    Boomers tend to believe in “freedom of speech”, which is a fascist concept used to spread hateful ideas.Given that hate speech is not possible without free speech, any defence of free speech is a form of hate speech. - Titania McGrath

Contractor Among Contractors

CoolCat has more data than eek

Would you work for a slave ship company?

Its basically the same...

Banned

KentPhilip is a permanent contractor

Quote Originally Posted by stek View Post

starting to look around now for new opportunities/bargaining power for rate if extension is forthcoming!
    I don't quite see how having a "bob" contract offer for £200/day (say) constitutes bargaining power?

If anything they might then reduce your extension offer rate rather than increase it..

Double Godlike!

stek - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by KentPhilip View Post
    I don't quite see how having a "bob" contract offer for £200/day (say) constitutes bargaining power?

If anything they might then reduce your extension offer rate rather than increase it..
    Actually it's not so Black and White, if you'll pardon the racist pun; although the rate offered at the start of this episode (three weeks ago) was a laughable £180/day, it's now moving ever closer to a more acceptable £400/day, though less than I'm used to, and less than current, it's literally 15 mins walk from Chez stek in sunny Yorkshire, saving me £££££ on airfares and Dublin prices, so worth a punt maybe?

Plus I'm inching ever closer to 183 days here, and whilst the Irish taxman is a pussycat compared to the Brit and German ones, and there's no real proof how long I've been here with cross border crossing and the Common Travel Area but I'd rather stay clean on that one.

Why would they reduce anything, how would they know the rate offered? The rate night be (very) less but there's other things to consider.

Can't see me going for it though, although I do think I should see how it goes, something is better than nothing if it comes off and nowt else does.

Never take anything for granted, I've been at this contracting game since 1992!!