• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pictures of the fields near my house

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pictures of the fields near my house

ondergelopen graslanden langs de IJssel | BlikOnderWater

OK, Mr River Ijssel, that's quite enough now, we've seen what you can do and we're ever so impressed, but can you go off to the sea now and leave our houses alone?
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

You know what happened to the last guy that tried to tell water what to do....

And some say Canute took off his crown soon afterward, and never wore it again.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      You know what happened to the last guy that tried to tell water what to do....
      That's why I'm asking politely.

Comment

The Canute story isn't actually true. He was trying to prove that he wasn't a god and couldn't control the seas rather than the other way round.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I remember when all this was fields.
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            ondergelopen graslanden langs de IJssel | BlikOnderWater

OK, Mr River Ijssel, that's quite enough now, we've seen what you can do and we're ever so impressed, but can you go off to the sea now and leave our houses alone?
            You are aware that you are standing in a country thats mostly below sea level aren't you?

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
              You are aware that you are standing in a country thats mostly below sea level aren't you?
              Yep, but my house is above sea level. Slightly. Very, very slightly. 1.9 metres to be precise. And there's a hillock nearby that's 70 metres high! They call it a 'berg'.

Comment

Yep, but my house is above sea level. Slightly. Very, very slightly. 1.9 metres to be precise. And there's a hillock nearby that's 70 metres high! They call it a 'berg'.
                It's not an encouraging starting point is it? Do the Guys from the Maldives send you emergency rafts ?

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
                  It's not an encouraging starting point is it? Do the Guys from the Maldives send you emergency rafts ?
                  No, we have dykes instead.

Cue groanworthy jokes...

Comment

No, we have dykes instead.

Cue groanworthy jokes...
                    Have no fear Mich, it is around about this time that a plethora of volunteers step forward and start sticking their fingers into them!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                    X