Pictures of the fields near my house Pictures of the fields near my house
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1

    Obstinate Git

    Mich the Tester is NOT a disguised employee

    Mich the Tester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Euroland
    Posts
    27,890

    Default Pictures of the fields near my house

    ondergelopen graslanden langs de IJssel | BlikOnderWater

    OK, Mr River Ijssel, that's quite enough now, we've seen what you can do and we're ever so impressed, but can you go off to the sea now and leave our houses alone?
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

  2. #2

    My post count is Majestic

    northernladuk is always on top

    northernladuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    40,853

    Default

    You know what happened to the last guy that tried to tell water what to do....

    And some say Canute took off his crown soon afterward, and never wore it again.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

  3. #3

    Obstinate Git

    Mich the Tester is NOT a disguised employee

    Mich the Tester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Euroland
    Posts
    27,890

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by northernladuk View Post
    You know what happened to the last guy that tried to tell water what to do....
    That's why I'm asking politely.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

  4. #4

    I live on CUK

    SueEllen is a fount of knowledge

    SueEllen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    in the Park
    Posts
    29,068

    Default

    The Canute story isn't actually true. He was trying to prove that he wasn't a god and couldn't control the seas rather than the other way round.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

  5. #5

    Lord of the Vectras

    VectraMan - scorchio!

    VectraMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    European Union (Yorkshire)
    Posts
    11,442

    Default

    I remember when all this was fields.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

  6. #6

    Super poster

    bobspud is NOT a disguised employee


    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    3,373

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    ondergelopen graslanden langs de IJssel | BlikOnderWater

    OK, Mr River Ijssel, that's quite enough now, we've seen what you can do and we're ever so impressed, but can you go off to the sea now and leave our houses alone?
    You are aware that you are standing in a country thats mostly below sea level aren't you?

  7. #7

    Obstinate Git

    Mich the Tester is NOT a disguised employee

    Mich the Tester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Euroland
    Posts
    27,890

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bobspud View Post
    You are aware that you are standing in a country thats mostly below sea level aren't you?
    Yep, but my house is above sea level. Slightly. Very, very slightly. 1.9 metres to be precise. And there's a hillock nearby that's 70 metres high! They call it a 'berg'.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

  8. #8

    Super poster

    bobspud is NOT a disguised employee


    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    3,373

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Yep, but my house is above sea level. Slightly. Very, very slightly. 1.9 metres to be precise. And there's a hillock nearby that's 70 metres high! They call it a 'berg'.
    It's not an encouraging starting point is it? Do the Guys from the Maldives send you emergency rafts ?

  9. #9

    Obstinate Git

    Mich the Tester is NOT a disguised employee

    Mich the Tester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Euroland
    Posts
    27,890

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bobspud View Post
    It's not an encouraging starting point is it? Do the Guys from the Maldives send you emergency rafts ?
    No, we have dykes instead.


    Cue groanworthy jokes...
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

  10. #10

    Suffers Fools...Badly!

    shaunbhoy is always on top

    shaunbhoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    South Devon
    Posts
    29,830

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    No, we have dykes instead.


    Cue groanworthy jokes...
    Have no fear Mich, it is around about this time that a plethora of volunteers step forward and start sticking their fingers into them!

    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •