• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Greek island suggestions...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greek island suggestions...

Me and the missus are looking to book a week away at the start of July. The idea is to get a self catering package including flights from a London airport. Seeing as we are booking rather late, independent flights are pretty expensive, hence doing the package thing.

We would like to go to a Greek island which meets the following requirements…
    • Accommodation near a waterside town with good cafes and restaurants.
    • Quality soft sandy beach with crystal clear water not too far from the accommodation. And I don’t mean shingle/pebble beaches.
    • Boat excursions available daily from the town – to beaches, interesting spots, nearby islands or around the island.
    • Not too expensive… up to about 400pp (flights and SC accom) should do it.

Any ideas?

Lindos in Rhodes was nice 20 years ago, no idea what it's like now? Cyprus is always a favourite but you may struggle to get anywhere outside the main resorts on that budget, Corfu is good value.

Tripadvisor is your friend.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Greece would probably do it. or one of the islands nearby

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

This sounds like a jolly place to visit:

BBC News - A gay island community created by Italy's Fascists
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

I would highly recommend Lesbos for the following reasons....

Splitting your criteria in to what is important and what is nice to have it looks like a no brainer.
          • Accommodation near a waterside town with good cafes and restaurants. - Low
          • Quality soft sandy beach with crystal clear water not too far from the accommodation. And I don’t mean shingle/pebble beaches. - Low
          • Boat excursions available daily from the town – to beaches, interesting spots, nearby islands or around the island. - Low
          • Not too expensive… up to about 400pp (flights and SC accom) should do it. - Low
          • Loads of lesbians kissing and erotically massaging sun cream in to each other - Essential

Sorted.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Go to HolidayPirates - UK and european Travel Deals! and wait for a deal.

Comment

Working...
            X