• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

For those in London....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have they got a graph that goes further back? That one looks like it starts at the bottom of a dip making the line of best fit look more extreme.
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
      Have they got a graph that goes further back? That one looks like it starts at the bottom of a dip making the line of best fit look more extreme.
      No the data only goes back to 1979 (when the satellite was launched).

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        Central London is probably worse, but in the Home counties it is uncomfortably muggy and humid.
        Forecast 30C tomorrow. Highly unusual and unpredictable weather just like for the last 3 years
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          Central London is probably worse, but in the Home counties it is uncomfortably muggy and humid.
          Forecast 30C tomorrow. Highly unusual and unpredictable weather just like for the last 3 years
          Yes, because we've never seen such things before the term "carbon credit" was invented have we?

Comment

Yes, because we've never seen such things before the term "carbon credit" was invented have we?

You heard of Bayes?

The way it works is this (I've left out the complicated maths):

Step 1: You have a prior belief, doesn't matter how ridiculous it is.
            Step 2: You get some evidence and it changes your prior belief (the maths is here based on probability densities).
            Step 3: You have an amended belief based on the data altering your prior (your posterior)

repeat, your posterior becoming your new prior.

Some think this is a good epistemological approach since it chimes with general empirical approaches and the Kuhnian revolutionary paradigm.

You haven't moved beyond Step 1 and hence your conclusions are ridiculous.

HTH.

ps. As an aside you were wondering why your rate has been declining in real terms for a decade.
            My prior was that you were thick. The evidence keeps coming that my initial impression was right.
            So my posterior belief is that you are even thicker than I thought. As well as having a large posterior.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

So my posterior belief is
              ...that talking out of my arse somehow makes sense.

HTH BIDI

sasguru
              “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

You heard of Bayes?

The way it works is this (I've left out the complicated maths):

Step 1: You have a prior belief, doesn't matter how ridiculous it is.
                Step 2: You get some evidence and it changes your prior belief (the maths is here based on probability densities).
                Step 3: You have an amended belief based on the data altering your prior (your posterior)

repeat, your posterior becoming your new prior.

Some think this is a good epistemological approach since it chimes with general empirical approaches and the Kuhnian revolutionary paradigm.

You haven't moved beyond Step 1 and hence your conclusions are ridiculous.

HTH.

ps. As an aside you were wondering why your rate has been declining in real terms for a decade.
                My prior was that you were thick. The evidence keeps coming that my initial impression was right.
                So my posterior belief is that you are even thicker than I thought. As well as having a large posterior.

A picture is worth a 1000 words.

Comment

A picture is worth a 1000 words.

Yes that is rather a good description of you as you get poorer by the day.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                    ...that talking out of my arse somehow makes sense.

HTH BIDI

sasguru
                    I know you're not as stupid as you seem. You might enjoy this book:

THE THEORY THAT WOULD NOT DIE
                    How Bayes’ Rule Cracked the Enigma Code, Hunted Down Russian Submarines and Emerged Triumphant From Two Centuries of Controversy
                    By Sharon Bertsch McGrayne

I found it frustrating because there was not enough detail, but its a good overview for the mathematically challenged
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

I found it frustrating because there was not enough pictures
                      I thought you were busy working today

Comment

Working...
                      X