• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cyclists again!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cyclists again!

Just been out on my trusty mountain bike for a quick circuit. Get to the top of the long hill that comes into town for the final stretch and manage to hit 35.6 mph on the rickety fella.

Then a peloton of Lycra clad tossers piss on my parade and go flying past me at which had to be 50/60 mph.

Pricks.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Shocking!!!

And CCTV is already on youtube!!!

That PRISM is really awesome

Comment

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        Just been out on my trusty mountain bike for a quick circuit. Get to the top of the long hill that comes into town for the final stretch and manage to hit 35.6 mph on the rickety fella.

Then a peloton of Lycra clad tossers piss on my parade and go flying past me at which had to be 50/60 mph.

Pricks.
        It's a railway bridge.

Comment

Nutters, the lot of them
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

Pricks.
            Don't worry about it mate. Think physics. They have bigger wheels which means they go faster. They also have very thin wheels which means less friction so that means they go faster too.

They also probably shave their legs to sreamline themselves but I'm guessing you wouldn't want to take it that far....

Comment

I don't understand why they have to wear lycra all the time. OK yes if you're actually racing, when every air-resistant second counts. But if it was me I'd keep the dressing like a baby to the barest minimum.

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
                I don't understand why they have to wear lycra all the time. OK yes if you're actually racing, when every air-resistant second counts. But if it was me I'd keep the dressing like a baby to the barest minimum.
                Oh please, I hear this all the time; you can't be so thick that you can't figure that one out, but here's an explanation.

People who take art in a sport tend to use the equipment for that sport for both competition and training. Ever seen footballers training while wearing a 3 piece suit? How often do you see tennis players training in a pair of jeans and a duffel coat? Any sport is a lot more enjoyable if you're using the right equipment.

Cyclists train with a club sometimes, sometimes on their own, and many use every opportunity like riding to work and back to get a few extra miles done, so why would they ride about in the same clothes as everyone else if they're training for racing or for long tour rides?
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  Oh please, I hear this all the time; you can't be so thick that you can't figure that one out, but here's an explanation.

People who take art in a sport tend to use the equipment for that sport for both competition and training. Ever seen footballers training while wearing a 3 piece suit? How often do you see tennis players training in a pair of jeans and a duffel coat? Any sport is a lot more enjoyable if you're using the right equipment.

Cyclists train with a club sometimes, sometimes on their own, and many use every opportunity like riding to work and back to get a few extra miles done, so why would they ride about in the same clothes as everyone else if they're training for racing or for long tour rides?
                  WMTTS - And also, it's hard to look cool wearing shorts with padding down your arse. Lycra cycling shorts protect from chaffing, provide padding, and actually help the hamstrings at the top. stupid thing to say really.

And back on topic. I was punting up a hill on my mtb, when a train of these peeps come tanking past me, uphill. I was pushing it too. But it goes to show how easier these lightweight road bikes are to ride.

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
                    The regular lycra kit has very little to do with air resistance. The main reason for wearing it is comfort and practicality. It stretches without moving as you ride, so you don't get chaffing, and the material is lightweight and breathable so you don't end up soaked in sweat and dry off quickly if it rains.

The shirts are also cut so that the bottom of the shirt back comes down lower at the back so it doesn't ride up when you are on the bike and leave your lower back exposed, and they have pockets across the back which is the most comfortable and convenient place to carry stuff without it getting in the way.

The shorts are padded which helps with comfort, but more importantly helps prevent circulation problems down below when you are in the saddle for long periods.

Believe me, if you are going further than a 5 minute trip to the shops you really don't want to be wearing regular clothes on a bike, especially jeans. It gets very uncomfortable very quickly.
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                    X