• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Does running with weights help?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well there is that but since my weight was only increasing ever so slowly with a 100% sedentary life - WFH and no sport - I kind of figured doing a sensible amount of exercise would have a marked effect.

Even taking a few days off all booze a week doesn't seem to do much, and I'm sure that's where all the extra calories are coming from... I don't have a snacking habit or takeaways 3 times a week I can easily cut down on - just a liking for fine whisky
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      Any hints on how I can get fitter? Would love to get to < 30mins for my 5K which doesn't seem an overly ambitious target, but not getting any closer to it.
      Try one of those "Faster 5k" apps on your smartphone of choice. I used the Couch to 5k version a couple of years ago and found it quite motivating - as well as being targeted to your goal, it's a proper "program".

Also, have you seen a doctor? If you've been doing 5k regularly for a few months without any time improvements, and your HR is still up at 99% of theoretical max, you might have an underlying condition.

OR - did you set up the HR monitor correctly? I think theoretical max is 220-your age so if it thinks you're 50 and you're only 40...
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Interval training should help with improved fitness and weight loss?

Interval training for runners - Live Well - NHS Choices

If you're just doing the same old 5km run every time, your body soon becomes comfortable. You need to "shock it" with something new.

Comment

Working...
        X