• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Slip of the tongue

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slip of the tongue

I was just at the till in the supermarket paying for my groceries, and I pulled my card out of the machine a little early.

"Sorry, I got a bit excited and pulled it out early" I said.

Clearly I have spent to much time posting on here, because as I soon as I said it I started to snigger.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

dude what era are you from....Who in the heck uses staffed checkout's these days.

Comment

Originally posted by rambaugh View Post
      dude what era are you from....Who in the heck uses staffed checkout's these days.
      People buying fags and alcohol.

Comment

He is clearly from the era before the personality by-pass. Where did you get yours done, NHS or private ?

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

The sort of people who don't use apostrophes when pluralising nouns?
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
            The sort of people who don't use apostrophes when pluralising nouns?
            Call it being lazy after a hard day in office but your retort on spelling / grammar shows your lack of imagination.

Comment

Call it being lazy after a hard day in office but your retort on spelling / grammar shows your lack of imagination.
              I thought it was quite clever actually Gave me a boner it did.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                I thought it was quite clever actually Gave me a boner it did.
                Put the tic tac away, this forum is for grown ups.

Comment

Put the tic tac away, this forum is for grown ups.
                  When did that memo come out?

Comment

You know what they say. One slip of the tongue and you're in the tulip.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X