• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Green shoots?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Green shoots?

BBC News - High Street failure creditors owed £2bn - report

Perhaps if they didn't insist on selling only cheap tulipe I don't want I'd consider going shopping. I was in TCR & Covent Garden & around last weekend and even central London isn't what it used to be...
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

HMV, Comet and Blockbuster were just some of the household names that fell into administration during this period.

Banks and other secured lenders got at least £365m and about £123m was spent on fees and other bills.

Administrators earned £33m from the failures, with some charging up to £950 an hour. Only £14m went to unsecured creditors.

surprising enough an awful lot went to the administrators, now how the hell do you spend that much if the company has decent accounts?

how did they fail? too pricey, too lazy.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I worked at an administrators when I was younger, I don't know if they're all at it, but this one had other companies that seemed just to exist to buy assets from the insolvent companies
      Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
        I worked at an administrators when I was younger, I don't know if they're all at it, but this one had other companies that seemed just to exist to buy assets from the insolvent companies
        I suspect the SFO would have fun going through some administrators.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
        X