• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hey Zeity have you opted out?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    personally I'm in favour assuming they can ensure those that opt out aren't accidentally included.

I think its laziness that we don't all sign up.

However I think it would be better if you are asked when you registered with your doctor & every few years when you turn up.
    I agree 100%. When you are dead you are dead adn you don't need the bits that get put into landfill or turned into dust. Why not just let any of the bits that others can use be taken?
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      personally I'm in favour assuming they can ensure those that opt out aren't accidentally included.

I think its laziness that we don't all sign up.

However I think it would be better if you are asked when you registered with your doctor & every few years when you turn up.
      There is a reasonable chance that the opt out will have the opposite effect from the desired one.

Comment

Stuff I heard and read about it yesterday is that if your family still refuse they won't take your organs out.

However please note unless you die when you are old and not in suspicious circumstances some pathologist is going to chop you up and throw your bits around anyway.

(And yes I'm on the donor register but I'm in England and don't ride a motorbike.)
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          Stuff I heard and read about it yesterday is that if your family still refuse they won't take your organs out.

However please note unless you die when you are old and not in suspicious circumstances some pathologist is going to chop you up and throw your bits around anyway.

(And yes I'm on the donor register but I'm in England and don't ride a motorbike.)
          Family cooperation is required to take a social history (have you ever sold sex for money or drugs etc.), so the family can always frustrate donation.

Most donors don;t come from trauma but from bleeds in the head so you're in with a chance.

Comment

Not in Wales, have carried a card and been on the register all my adult life (which is a feck of a long time these days), but if they change it to presumed consent here, I will immediately opt out - I am not property of the state so they can flip off.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
              Not in Wales, have carried a card and been on the register all my adult life (which is a feck of a long time these days), but if they change it to presumed consent here, I will immediately opt out - I am not property of the state so they can flip off.
              We could have guessed that saving someone's life would come secondary to showing what a cock you can be.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Hats off to the Taffs. It makes perfect sense to utilise perfectly healthy organs, as opposed to burning or burying them so wantonly.
                People ought to reflect more on how this practice might help one of their loved ones rather than obsessing about how it might adversely affect them should they lose a loved one.
                Way too many selfish people in the world these days it seems.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

It wouldn't work in Scotland, everything would be pickled.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    It wouldn't work in Scotland, everything would be pickled.
                    or deep fried.

Do they do brain transplants yet?
                    I'd opt in so I could be put in the body of a bloke better looking than me.

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
                      I'd opt in so I could be put in the body of a bloke better looking than me.
                      Plenty of scope for that.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                      X