• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Life Immitates Art

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Yes, and the governments of both nations, and respective churches worked extremely hard to bring peace.
    Which is why my point yesterday was to allow a multi faith-ed approach in the UK, as long as they all play by the same rules.
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

This option is of course open to the Muslim powers that be link
      PM and Muslim leaders unite to condemn attack | The Sun |News|Politics

Leicester's Muslim leaders condemn Woolwich soldier killing | This is Leicestershire

The Muslim faith does not turn men to terror - Telegraph

Muslim leaders: We stand against terrorism - Washington Post

UK Muslim groups condemn London slaying, urge leaders to act - CNN.com

Muslim leaders condemn bombing suspects – CNN Belief Blog - CNN.com Blogs

9/11 Terrorist Attack - Muslims Condemn 9/11 Terrorist Attack

Boston mosque cancels Friday prayer, condemns terrorism

BBC NEWS | England | West Midlands | Muslim leaders condemn terrorism

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I mean the organ grinders, not the monkeys. How about a Muslim leader on the world stage condeming terror attacks? How about the Ayatollah, he's quite influential. We need someone at Pope level.
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

I mean the organ grinders, not the monkeys. How about a Muslim leader on the world stage condeming terror attacks? How about the Ayatollah, he's quite influential. We need someone at Pope level.
          Alas that in itself is one of the problems with Islam, there is no single leader at the world stage. For example the Ayatollah or Maraji only represents Shia Muslims in Iran/Iraq. There is a collection of "leaders" who interpret the teachings of Mohammed in different ways, which leads to some people having one view, while another having a more extreme view, see this forum and Global Warming as an example of what happens when more than one person reads the same data

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            Alas that in itself is one of the problems with Islam, there is no single leader at the world stage. For example the Ayatollah or Maraji only represents Shia Muslims in Iran/Iraq. There is a collection of "leaders" who interpret the teachings of Mohammed in different ways, which leads to some people having one view, while another having a more extreme view, see this forum and Global Warming as an example of what happens when more than one person reads the same data
            Right, so we're agreed Islam needs to get it's act together, sharpish.

Comment

Right, so we're agreed Religion needs to get it's act together, sharpish.
              FTFY

Comment

FTFY
                Agreed. But especially Islam

Comment

Agreed. But especially Islam
                  Why must you always have the last word!

Comment

Why must you always have the last word!
                    I see what you did there

Comment

This is something that gets churned out all the time, "the religion is peaceful but some people take it to extremes, that is not real Islam", crap. The reality is that the core religion from the core book is one of violence and intolerance. According to the Koran women are fair game for a beating and Muhammad was clearly up for a bit of stoning if any female was practicing adultery. In practice we seen that women are pretty much second class in the Muslim world.

And see the after sales manual not to not take the thing that seriously that they pretend gets handed out with the Koran, it kind of gets lost in the post for the majority of them round the world.

If JK Rowling had started off the last Harry Potter book with "See all this fantasy wizarding stuff kids, it is all true, honestly, and also all good wizards are allowed, and should, stone jews, gays and especially women that sleep around to death" she would have been jailed, the book banned and kids who read it sent to a head doctor. Yet the Koran is getting pushed on young kids the world over and people wonder why they are a bit ****ed up.

Comment

Working...
                      X