• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Carjacked!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
    Well I'm glad you weren't hurt.

A few years ago I was driving eastbound along Oxford St, and was waiting at lights near Bond St when somebody hopped into my car.
    "tshake me to Archway pshlease" he asked, obviously pshissed.
    Now being a student of the London Underground of old, I thought that was "Aldwych", which was not too far away. Oh well I'll give him a lift - he seems harmless enough.

I got as far as Covent Garden before admitting to myself that I didn't quite know the way to Aldwych (I didn't have a map, and GPS maps hadn't been invented) so I pulled over and 'fessed up that I couldn't get him there.
    And I was realizing that Aldwych was not Archway.

"Noth to worry maate thanks for tshrying" he said as his staggered out of the car. "Here's £20 for your efforths".

"Us cabs don't charge if we can't get you to your destination" I replied, handing back the note.

He seemed really pleased. I hope to have him tumble into my car again in future. Though this time I have a GPS on board so I'd know where I was going.
    Did something very similar to an Nigerian embassy car in the 90's the guy was quite cheerful and took me home we talked the whole way I offered him £50 at the other end he just said not to worry, he was just happy that I had made it home safe. Apparently he was waiting for some visiting diplomat who was less than polite on there way there...

Not the brightest thing I have ever done

Nick two things would have made your life much easier.

1) Have your car set up to lock the doors you are not using both my Saab and our discovery doors do this and they are fairly old cars.

2) when you clambered out the car to report the idiot if you had locked your car he would have been there to arrest.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      FFS, I could do without the imbecilic classes clambering into my car and demanding I take them places or they'll take the car off me

Full story, unless the police decide to actually treat the crime as a crime and I have to take it down pending legal action. Which would be nice
      You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to NickFitz again.
      ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Was this your 25 year old Orion? Surely the correct response was "£15 and its yours"?

Seriously though glad it turned our all right. Must've been scary.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

If you were in Johannesburg and not darkest Leicester then you could of used the side mounted flame throwers. "I'll give you Sapcote" before pressing the button

South African Car Flamethrower - YouTube
          Last edited by redgiant; 7 July 2013, 08:47.

Comment

A close shave. the guy could have been armed, stanley knife, screwdriver, anything
            There was a story a few years ago of a good samaritan who gave someone a lift(voluntarily), refused the twenty quid, and the guy said 'I've left something on the back seat for you'

the bast@rd had slashed the back seat to buggery
            (\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
              A close shave. the guy could have been armed, stanley knife, screwdriver, anything
              There was a story a few years ago of a good samaritan who gave someone a lift(voluntarily), refused the twenty quid, and the guy said 'I've left something on the back seat for you'

the bast@rd had slashed the back seat to buggery
              An example of where evil is its own punishment.

Comment

Let me tell you how this would have happened up north.

"Sure come on in, where would you like to go?", put the seat belt on nice and snug, making sure the passengers was undone.

Start my drive towards the police at maximum speed, throwing out the anchor for a full emergency stop, and depositing his unconscious body on their door step.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  Bugger. Quick thinking though.
                  Not quick enough to think of mentioning that the guy had pulled a gun in the car - The cops would have been after him like a pack of greyhounds, and they could never prove that a law-abiding citizen like NF had been fibbing.
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    FFS, I could do without the imbecilic classes clambering into my car and demanding I take them places or they'll take the car off me

Full story, unless the police decide to actually treat the crime as a crime and I have to take it down pending legal action. Which would be nice
                    Nice story.

It reads like some flatfoot wrote it

Whence, whither, awful grammar etc

Self parody

Glad you are ok btw, sounds scary.
                    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                      Nick Fitzzzzzzzz!!!!!!

Canned Laughter
                      Snigger
                      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Working...
                      X