• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cars

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cars

What is a good car to replace my mobile banknote incinerator? It needs to cruise comfortably on the motorway and around town & cope occasionally with a family of 4. It needs to burn petrol instead of £20 notes, and preferably not too much of it.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Originally posted by doodab View Post
    What is a good car to replace my mobile banknote incinerator? It needs to cruise comfortably on the motorway and around town & cope occasionally with a family of 4. It needs to burn petrol instead of £20 notes, and preferably not too much of it.
    Get an XJ-R and burn £50 notes instead.

What kind of a contractor are you?
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      Get an XJ-R and burn £50 notes instead.

What kind of a contractor are you?
      A tight arsed one.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Honda Accord 2.2 diesel.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          Honda Accord 2.2 diesel.
          I'm not keen on diesels, but the accord is on the shortlist.

Comment

Anything with a premium German badge should suffice.

HTH BIDI

Comment

Anything with a huge engine and LPG.

LPG is ace, and you look dead cool with the hose stuck in the car by itself and you pressing the big knob for the flow, whilst gawping at the proles in their Euroboxes filling up at twice the price.

Plus you get to meet some tasty Polish woman at the LPG pump, struggling to get a good grip on the hose trying to twist the end in.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                Anything with a premium German badge should suffice
                Already have one. And it's nearly new. Well, a lot of the parts are new

Comment

Actually Merc SL is looking quite tempting.

I know it will be a mistake. Don't do it, don't do it.

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                    Actually Merc SL is looking quite tempting.

I know it won't be a mistake. Do it, Do it.
                    That's the spirit!
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                    X