• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Ashes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's early days. Cloudy humid day made for swing bowling. We won the toss and chose to bat with the best swing bowler in the world...

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
      It's early days. Cloudy humid day made for swing bowling. We won the toss and chose to bat with the best swing bowler in the world...
      Have you seen the pitch? Don't want to be batting last on that bugger...
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
        Have you seen the pitch? Don't want to be batting last on that bugger...
        Is it turning into a minefield?

Whoops, Belly's back in the hutch. They are all getting starts then getting out. Oh well, we are always dodgy in the first test of a series these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
          Is it turning into a minefield?

Whoops, Belly's back in the hutch. They are all getting starts then getting out. Oh well, we are always dodgy in the first test of a series these days.
          It's already cracked, and they haven't watered it for 8 days - it's going to lose the top layer in at least a couple of spots.

TBH, we might get a chance to bowl on it today anyway
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
            It's already cracked, and they haven't watered it for 8 days - it's going to lose the top layer in at least a couple of spots.

TBH, we might get a chance to bowl on it today anyway
            It looks like it. The last two are in as I type.

I can't see from work - are there already footholes from the left-armers?

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
              Interestingly, our office Kiwi is supporting Oz. Apparently it's another of these 'anyone but England' scenarios. Fecking colonials.
              Worry not. I am fully behind England, as I always am in the Cricket. So that more than offsets the Kiwi's support for the Excons!!

53-4................Get on!!!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

215 all out Aussies 53-4!!

What a pitch!

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                  215 all out Aussies 53-4!!

What a pitch!
                  In breaking Notts news, the cloud has gone. And it immediately went dark in case anyone noticed. Odds on the convicts to post 400 without loss tomorrow on a suddenly docile pitch?

Talking of convicts, there are dozens of the bastards on the streets outside smoking and drinking and enjoying themselves. Sleep is overrated anyway..

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                    In breaking Notts news, the cloud has gone. And it immediately went dark in case anyone noticed. Odds on the convicts to post 400 without loss tomorrow on a suddenly docile pitch?

Talking of convicts, there are dozens of the bastards on the streets outside smoking and drinking and enjoying themselves. Sleep is overrated anyway..
                    Prey tell is it is still cloudy? I think we could run through them. Smith can bat, but last time round Hughes was a walking wicket and with only Haddin as a recognised batsman, we could sneak a lead out of this. I still think it was folly of the highest order to have batted first, regardless of the pitch. Their bowlers were spraying it all over the place and the ball was doing hoops. I simply can't imagine the carnage Anderson would have done to their batsmen, and it was a chance missed to show intent. Knock them over for 150, score 350 and knock them over again. I think we may have missed an opportunity to have created some psychological damage here.

Comment

The convicts are getting skittled.

qh
                      He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Working...
                      X