• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Ashes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Ashes

According the BBC app - the floodlights are on.

Gloomy in Notts then?

Doesn't look too bad on the telly, but they've probably turned the brightness up...
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
      According the BBC app - the floodlights are on.

Gloomy in Notts then?
      You should be out working earning your hard working agent his 20%, not watching TV
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
        Gloomy in Notts then?
        Aye. Was quite bright this morning, not a break in the cloud now.

Trott's out of the blocks quick...

Comment

A lot of hubris in the press about this. Not a good idea to underestimate the Australians.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I have a cheeky bet on Root to be top batsman at 9-1

Comment

Originally posted by Ketchup View Post
              Not a bad shout. I saw him in the one dayer against NZ at Trent Bridge and he played a disciplined innings. He wasn't there for the slog-fest a the end but that's hardly relevant to test cricket anyway.

Interestingly, our office Kiwi is supporting Oz. Apparently it's another of these 'anyone but England' scenarios. Fecking colonials.

Comment

Originally posted by Ketchup View Post
                prepare to lose your 10p he is out
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Pietersen is the man in this series. Out to prove something, and he does like doing it vs. the Aussies.

However, Trott's average in the ashes is nearly 100 and better than Bradman...

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                    prepare to lose your 10p he is out
                    Why are you laughing? You've just lost 18p commission.

Comment

Working...
                    X