• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Apprentice - WTF???

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Does the US version still give people actual jobs?
    Yes, although the most recent series have been celebrity ones.

The last one with candidates, they were all chosen from people who were out of work during the downturn. At one stage during one task, there was a shot of the candidate on the phone to the dole office to get payment for his family.

That series, the weekly prizes were meetings with business leaders for the PM rather than a reward for the team - one included a scholarship with Jack Welch, which must cost a packet.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
      Am I missing something or did Jordan actually try to pitch a business plan which was a business which already existed, was not started by him (despite him claiming it was), he had no actual legal right to sell and overall was only offering 15% of in the first place?

If so - why did no one pick up on that at the filtering stage?
      Because he "added value" to the process?
      Perhaps DA can elaborate?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Maybe I'll look up the US version then, I'd assumed it would be crap like American Top Gear.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          they don't get pocket money from their spouse and spend all day posting on CUK?
          IS that what you do? FFS man, get a fooking job.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            Maybe I'll look up the US version then, I'd assumed it would be crap like American Top Gear.
            The first season is available via Lovefilm as long as you have a multi-region DVD player.

It might be on YouTube as well, though.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              IS that what you do? FFS man, get a fooking job.
              lame comeback, should try harder.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                The first season is available via Lovefilm as long as you have a multi-region DVD player.

It might be on YouTube as well, though.
                Do people actually buy these series on DVD to watch again? In my view they're as cringeworthy and about as watchable as an Adam Sandler movie. Only bit of the series I like to watch is the interviews, hilarious watching these idiots getting their carefully constructed fantasies demolished.

Comment

I read that former Apprentice 'star' and media whore Katie Hopkins is in full on "say controversial things to get on the telly" mode.

Comment

Originally posted by alluvial View Post
                    Do people actually buy these series on DVD to watch again? In my view they're as cringeworthy and about as watchable as an Adam Sandler movie. Only bit of the series I like to watch is the interviews, hilarious watching these idiots getting their carefully constructed fantasies demolished.
                    I didn't even know they put it out on DVD... perfect for streaming services to bulk up their library though.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by alluvial View Post
                      There is a BBC DVD of the "best bits" of the first four series. The US version only has series 1 on DVD.

Unfortunately, the US version doesn't do the interview stage any more - yet another difference between the two versions. UK version - Sugar gets in his mates (the people you only hear of because they do the interviews on The Apprentice) to do the interviews; Trump had the likes of the CEO of Dominos, CEO of Burger King, etc.
                      Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Working...
                      X