• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Good areas in London?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good areas in London?

Hi, considering a new hood that would not break the bank yet is pleasant, safe and practical for a family, zone 2 and further up to 40 min commute to central London. Any recommendations? I know all the hidden gems have long been discovered and command an appropriate price, but I'll try asking here anyway...

Try

Hackney
    Tower Hamlets
    Croydon

Or for a bit more money, Westminster, which has the highest crime rate in London.

Enjoy (not).

Comment

Looks like someone's had a good weekend))

Comment

For a start why don't you set some boundary or criteria for instance:

I currently live in South London and have 400k to spend... where is better than the crap hole that I am currently infesting???

My personal experience is you are mad trying to keep your family in zone 2. The people there are either mega rich or there to rob the mega rich. Safe is an oxymoron unless you happen to own a couple of really viscous trained guard dogs, at which point you could live in syria and no one would come near you

Why not move them out of london and just commute in when you need to?

Comment

What's a "hood" again? From the context I gather it's probably a gaff or maybe B&B, but I've never heard the word used in that sense.
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
            What's a "hood" again? From the context I gather it's probably a gaff or maybe B&B, but I've never heard the word used in that sense.
            Hood as in neighbour ...

Comment

Think big, think eco shed....

Comment

I have a family member that lives in Tolworth. Trains run every 30 minutes and takes 35 minutes into Waterloo. Area seems okay whenever I've visited.

4 bed house will set you back about £400K upwards.

Comment

I would suggest moving North, not North London, nut Northern England, live like a king, much friendlier place for raising kids and you can Monday to Friday it in the smoke
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
                    My personal experience is you are mad trying to keep your family in zone 2. The people there are either mega rich or there to rob the mega rich. Safe is an oxymoron unless you happen to own a couple of really viscous trained guard dogs, at which point you could live in syria and no one would come near you
                    Enjoy your multicultural and vibrant diversity.

Comment

Working...
                    X