• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Demob happy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    KL and Langkawi. Might even do a spot of diving for the first time.
    Tidy. Enjoy! And defo do the diving.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
      Tidy. Enjoy! And defo do the diving.
      Langkawi was traditionally thought to be cursed.

Langkawi receives more than 2,400 mm (94 in) of rain annually. Langkawi has a true dry season from December until February while March to November is a long raining season. August is the wettest month, when it normally receives more than 500 mm (20 in).
      , what a plonker sas is. A cursed miserable rainy hell hole.

Comment

Have a good holiday, nice to see someone going outside the normal tourist traps.

Comment

Originally posted by Ketchup View Post
          Have a good holiday, nice to see someone going outside the normal "European" tourist traps.
          FTFY

Malaysians will be there in droves this time of year...
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            , what a plonker sas is. A cursed miserable rainy hell hole.
            That's what I like about cretins. They keep digging and show their complete ignorance to all and sundry.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Give someone a job I suppose, taking him to his hotel from the airport

Comment

I liked KL a lot when I went there a few years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  I liked KL a lot when I went there a few years ago.
                  Yes I think it may be a little how Singapore was before it became over-sanitised.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    Yes I think it may be a little how Singapore was before it became over-sanitised.
                    The thing I found most remarkable was the hospitality of the locals. I remember more than once wandering around sight-seeing and a car or taxi pulling up, purely to check if we needed directions or were lost.

And great authentic Indian food.

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                      Don't hold your breath.
                      No do, do, please....

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                      The thing I found most remarkable was the hospitality of the locals. I remember more than once wandering around sight-seeing and a car or taxi pulling up, purely to check if we needed directions or were lost.

And great authentic Indian food.
                      Chinese food is good there too. It's still a bit of a tulip tip mind. I spent 5 years in Singapore when it was an 'authentic' Asian city, and what that actually means is a lot of pollution, a lot of people, a lot of crime and a lot of grime. A tulip tip, is always going to be a tulip tip, no matter how you dress it up.

And as for Langkawi, yes, lovely place, but has about 2 foot of rain in August, so, good luck with the diving there mate

Comment

Working...
                      X