• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Summer flounce

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well done.

Just turned down a 2 day per week 6 monther, so I can carry on at 3 days per week through the summer (actually have an x days per y months contract that averages 3 days per week so I can take it easy in the summer and then make up for lost time in the winter).

Comment

Sounds perfect OG.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        Well done.

Just turned down a 2 day per week 6 monther, so I can carry on at 3 days per week through the summer (actually have an x days per y months contract that averages 3 days per week so I can take it easy in the summer and then make up for lost time in the winter).
        Interesting... Was that a government architecture gig in London per chance? I had someone sniffing round me for a part time gig yesterday and was considering taking it on as an additional gig so I can run two at once

I think contracting is many thing for many people but I can never resist the urge to earn money if its there...

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
          Wish me old man would think like that. He ain't rich but hes got enough in the bank that its never going to get spent. But will he hell - he'd rather struggle than spend any money at all. To be honest, its like monopoly money to him - I aint ever going to be like that!
          My wife and I have worked hard all our careers, and done well enough in the past 18 years, to be able to be mortgage free this year. We don't have a sizable warchest, as we spent most making sure we could be debt free for once. However, it's enough for a few months off, and I believe strongly enough in my ability that when I do want to go back, I will find something fairly quickly. If not, well, I'll worry about that then. Life really is too short to worry about silly things, and it's only the past few years this is really coming home to me. My age I guess...

Comment

I'm back in the client office after a couple of weeks, and a contractor who started four weeks ago is no longer on site. Apparently he got called out on stuff that was on his CV that he seemed to have no skill in. As soon as it became apparent, he ran off site.

It was you, wasn't it!
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
              My wife and I have worked hard all our careers, and done well enough in the past 18 years, to be able to be mortgage free this year. We don't have a sizable warchest, as we spent most making sure we could be debt free for once. However, it's enough for a few months off, and I believe strongly enough in my ability that when I do want to go back, I will find something fairly quickly. If not, well, I'll worry about that then. Life really is too short to worry about silly things, and it's only the past few years this is really coming home to me. My age I guess...
              65?
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                65?
                With a mental age of 12 and the boasting skills of a Tornado flying, Major impersonating, spaghetti eating bigamist.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                  Just you wait.

It sort of creeps up on you.

I'm going to end up like Mr Trebus.

The best bit is about 6 minutes in when he's up the scaffolding taking it done with a rusty mole wrench.
                  Ah, Mr. Trebus, RIP.
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                    Ah, Mr. Trebus, RIP.
                    WHS. We all loved Mr Trebus.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                      With a mental age of 12 and the boasting skills of a Tornado flying, Major impersonating, spaghetti eating bigamist.
                      Up early again Walter; that jet lag must really be a bitch

Comment

Working...
                      X