• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The British Police are the best in the world?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Seems to me we haven't heard the full story yet
    Not until we know the value of the house she lives in.
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
      Not until we know the value of the house she lives in.
      Shoddy Mail reporting!

Comment

we probably haven't heard it all.

However assuming she isn't lying about being stopped 70 times in two years and no conviction that suggests to me they were abusing their authority. I doubt she would have been stopped that many times by accident even if she were black.

Thames Valley Police refused to reveal how many officers were involved or comment on the nature of the disciplinary action.
        so there is something in it.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Here's the same story from a rather more reputable source - probably the source the DM lifted it from.

Private Eye In The Back: What Katie didn’t do
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            She has a degree in Forensic science unless Sherlock Holmes is hiring she is pretty much restricted to government employ.

Not quite sure 'get over it' is an appropriate reaction for quite obvious abuse of power that should result in some dismissals.
            pfft. Come on we all know that the kinda abuse the officers are dishing out clearly means they looking for promotions.
            McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
            Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

we probably haven't heard it all.

However assuming she isn't lying about being stopped 70 times in two years and no conviction that suggests to me they were abusing their authority. I doubt she would have been stopped that many times by accident even if she were black.

so there is something in it.
              Its a boys club. they're covering up and waiting for the heat to cool down. Then they'll hand out a few promotions.
              McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
              Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

She has a degree in Forensic science unless Sherlock Holmes is hiring she is pretty much restricted to government employ.
                Not directly, they sold it off...

Forensic Science Service - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
                  pfft. Come on we all know that the kinda abuse the officers are dishing out clearly means they looking for promotions.
                  When I was younger, I slept with a coppers wife. I come from a small community, their marriage wasn't considered kind of strong and it was known he used to slap her around. Anyhoo, to cut a long story short, he used to stop me a lot, as a bit of a crack, just to piss me off (my view). So at a night club, his wife came on to me, and I thought it would be a giggle. So we had fun, and dropping her home, she asked me to be quiet (my car was a distinctive car, with a distinctive sound. Of course, I didn't, I left 50 metres snaking black lines outside her house.

I look back on that period now as a bit of a mistake. After that, I was arrested a fair few times for ridiculous things, one for failing to provide a breath specimen when it was quite clear I was sober as a judge, and hadn't refused. On the occasion of that arrest, sat in the back of the Jam sandwich, Leaned forward, I asked the PC (Andy Alexander for those who like to know names) if he was still pissed at me for shagging his wife. He stopped the car, and beat the tulip out of me, still in handcuffs, he literally had to be dragged off by his colleague. The only blessing was that he was shipped off to Swindon, So I didn't see much of him. At the station, it was an event, I told everyone whom I saw why I was a bit bashed up Obviously I hadn't been drinking, and after passing the 'Lion Intoximeter' with flying colours, the cops refused to give me a lift back to my car (it was considered standard form if you'd not been drinking), so I had to walk back from Trowbridge to Melksham, leaking blood all the way home. Made a formal complaint the next day and off to Swindon he went and a formal apology from the chief of police in Wiltshire.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
                    When I was younger, I slept with a coppers wife. I come from a small community, their marriage wasn't considered kind of strong and it was known he used to slap her around.

Made a formal complaint the next day and off to Swindon he went and a formal apology from the chief of police in Wiltshire.
                    This unfortunately is exactly the sort of behaviour I suspect happens, now the correct response would have been to prosecute the copper and sack him (what else would a normal employer do if someone handcuffed and beat a customer they way you were), instead they move him.

Also the idea a copper should slap his wife around so everyone knows and no one does anything is quite disgusting.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

This unfortunately is exactly the sort of behaviour I suspect happens, now the correct response would have been to prosecute the copper and sack him (what else would a normal employer do if someone handcuffed and beat a customer they way you were), instead they move him.

Also the idea a copper should slap his wife around so everyone knows and no one does anything is quite disgusting.
                      This was 1981, and cops were pretty inviolate then; you just didn't fook with them. There's a place to play snooker called Melksham house, and many times a cop called Garry Hibberd would walk in and simply say to whoever was playing, games over lads, we're here now. You simply picked up your cue and left.

Comment

Working...
                      X