• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Kate Middletons baby

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    Presumably that's like saying 70% of us Christians, which of course is complete cobblers in reality, most just fit into that wishy washy not really sure bracket.

I suppose it depends exactly what you mean by "monarchy". I object to them having any part in the operation of the state, and certainly object to them being given a whole load of tax payers money when they're already stinking rich. So remove the monarch as head of state, stop giving them cash (unless they do work for the state which is different), but The Queen can still be The Queen.

Also cobblers. How do they bring a boost to the economy? The fact we have had a monarchy, and all the history that goes with that brings in money, but all those American tourists won't stop coming to see Buckingham Palace, The Tower of London etc. just because we don't have a current monarch.
    As I pointed out the Monarchy doesn't get any money from the tax payer, the Duchy or Lancashire and Cornwall earn a private income which they pay tax on, the Crown Estate makes a profit which is payed to the Treasury (£210m in the last full year account available) which the Royal Family are allowed to keep 15%.
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Saying tourism wouldn't be affected is ludicrous. Old palaces are tourist destinations in countries which renounced their monarchies, but in nowhere near the same way. For simple reasons of celebrity, the royal family add a massive draw to the buildings and history.

Or did you not notice Will & Kate's wedding and baby were bigger news in the USA than here?
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Also cobblers. How do they bring a boost to the economy? The fact we have had a monarchy, and all the history that goes with that brings in money, but all those American tourists won't stop coming to see Buckingham Palace, The Tower of London etc. just because we don't have a current monarch.
        Stick a BK, McD and a Dunkin' Donuts in there and more will come.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          GAL Giant Alien Lizard.
          Well done. My exact first thoughts as well. He has the heritage.

Comment

we need to keep the monarchy as otherwise the only represetatives of the UK abroad would be the shister politicians,

Love or hate the monarchy they certainly help project a decent image when abroad.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
              we need to keep the monarchy as otherwise the only represetatives of the UK abroad would be the shister politicians,

Love or hate the monarchy they certainly help project a decent image when abroad.
              Google

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                As I pointed out the Monarchy doesn't get any money from the tax payer, the Duchy or Lancashire and Cornwall earn a private income which they pay tax on, the Crown Estate makes a profit which is payed to the Treasury (£210m in the last full year account available) which the Royal Family are allowed to keep 15%.
                15% of £210m isn't nothing. The Crown Estate is owned by the state, not the monarch, so in effect it's still a gift to the monarch from the taxpayer for no reason other than who she happens to be related to.
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

15% of £210m isn't nothing. The Crown Estate is owned by the state, not the monarch, so in effect it's still a gift to the monarch from the taxpayer for no reason other than who she happens to be related to.
                  No the Crown Estate is owned by the Crown (the clue is in the name), but George III surrendered inturn for an income (the Civil List), the Queen is perfectly in her right to take it back, or basically do anything she wants but she concedes matter of state to the elected government of the day, which is still Her Majesty's Government.

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Australian TV has got it right - another bloody unemployable oik to sponge off the state

Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                      Australian TV has got it right - another bloody unemployable oik to sponge off the state

Comment

Working...
                      X