Order of business for replacing bog roll dispensers Order of business for replacing bog roll dispensers
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1

    Obstinate Git

    Mich the Tester is NOT a disguised employee

    Mich the Tester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Euroland
    Posts
    27,890

    Default Order of business for replacing bog roll dispensers

    Right then, imagine for a moment you are charged with the task of replacing the bog roll dispensers in an office of about 300 people and removing the shelves on the back walls. Starting point is this; there are dispensers on the side walls of the cubicles and shelves on the back walls containing replacement bog rolls. Surely a logical approach to ensure minimal degradation of service is to first remove the dispensers at the side, then place the new dispensers on the side walls, then fill the new dispensers, then remove the shelves at the back. This approach ensures there is always bog roll available for patrons of the khazis.

    But no, the rather dumb looking young fellow charged with this great responsibility has followed the procedure written on a piece of paper by his numpty manager;
    1 remove all the shelves with the replacement rolls
    2 remove all the old dispensers
    3 place all the new dispensers
    4 fill all the new dispensers

    This causes a period of approximately 3 hours in which there is no bog roll available in the office.
    Now I'm a tester, not an astrophysicist, and I can work out a way of ensuring minimal dispruption to tulipting requirements, so why can't he?

    What an idiot.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

  2. #2

    TPAFKAk2p2

    mudskipper is always on top

    mudskipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Null island
    Posts
    26,175

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Right then, imagine for a moment you are charged with the task of replacing the bog roll dispensers in an office of about 300 people and removing the shelves on the back walls. Starting point is this; there are dispensers on the side walls of the cubicles and shelves on the back walls containing replacement bog rolls. Surely a logical approach to ensure minimal degradation of service is to first remove the dispensers at the side, then place the new dispensers on the side walls, then fill the new dispensers, then remove the shelves at the back. This approach ensures there is always bog roll available for patrons of the khazis.

    But no, the rather dumb looking young fellow charged with this great responsibility has followed the procedure written on a piece of paper by his numpty manager;
    1 remove all the shelves with the replacement rolls
    2 remove all the old dispensers
    3 place all the new dispensers
    4 fill all the new dispensers

    This causes a period of approximately 3 hours in which there is no bog roll available in the office.
    Now I'm a tester, not an astrophysicist, and I can work out a way of ensuring minimal dispruption to tulipting requirements, so why can't he?

    What an idiot.

    You have an astrophysicist replacing your toilet roll dispensers? Wow.

  3. #3

    Obstinate Git

    Mich the Tester is NOT a disguised employee

    Mich the Tester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Euroland
    Posts
    27,890

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    You have an astrophysicist replacing your toilet roll dispensers? Wow.
    Well, either he's one of those extremely clever people who isn't capable of simple tasks or he's an idiot. Maybe I'm being too charitable.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

  4. #4

    My post count is Majestic

    vetran has reached the peak. Play again?

    vetran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Come Friendly Bombs
    Posts
    33,862

    Default

    maybe he is secretly smiling inwardly at the idea of the whole office 'touching cloth' while he pootles around.
    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

    I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

  5. #5

    Obstinate Git

    Mich the Tester is NOT a disguised employee

    Mich the Tester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Euroland
    Posts
    27,890

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vetran View Post
    maybe he is secretly smiling inwardly at the idea of the whole office 'touching cloth' while he pootles around.
    So he DOES need a smack in the chops!
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

  6. #6

    I live on CUK

    Old Greg is a fount of knowledge

    Old Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Tombliboo Bush
    Posts
    25,221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Right then, imagine for a moment you are charged with the task of replacing the bog roll dispensers in an office of about 300 people and removing the shelves on the back walls. Starting point is this; there are dispensers on the side walls of the cubicles and shelves on the back walls containing replacement bog rolls. Surely a logical approach to ensure minimal degradation of service is to first remove the dispensers at the side, then place the new dispensers on the side walls, then fill the new dispensers, then remove the shelves at the back. This approach ensures there is always bog roll available for patrons of the khazis.

    But no, the rather dumb looking young fellow charged with this great responsibility has followed the procedure written on a piece of paper by his numpty manager;
    1 remove all the shelves with the replacement rolls
    2 remove all the old dispensers
    3 place all the new dispensers
    4 fill all the new dispensers

    This causes a period of approximately 3 hours in which there is no bog roll available in the office.
    Now I'm a tester, not an astrophysicist, and I can work out a way of ensuring minimal dispruption to tulipting requirements, so why can't he?

    What an idiot.
    You need to stop trying to compete on price for these gigs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

  7. #7

    TykeLike

    SimonMac is always on top

    SimonMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    God's Own Republic Of Yorkshire
    Posts
    23,998

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    You have an astrophysicist replacing your toilet roll dispensers? Wow.
    In my country I am astrophysicist, in your country I janitor
    “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”

    ― Marcus Aurelius

  8. #8

    More fingers than teeth

    darmstadt is a fount of knowledge

    darmstadt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    The Eurozone
    Posts
    18,190

    Default

    Personally I would remove shelves, spare rolls and dispensers from all bog and then bugger off for a long lunch break, just like they did here the other week...Luckily there are bogs on every floor and in other buildings and if all else fails, there's some big bushes in the little garden out back (or a PM's desk drawers)
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

  9. #9

    Double Godlike!

    Paddy is a fount of knowledge

    Paddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    10,428

    Default

    Sh1t happens...
    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

    我们不是病毒

  10. #10

    Obstinate Git

    Mich the Tester is NOT a disguised employee

    Mich the Tester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Euroland
    Posts
    27,890

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darmstadt View Post
    Personally I would remove shelves, spare rolls and dispensers from all bog and then bugger off for a long lunch break, just like they did here the other week...Luckily there are bogs on every floor and in other buildings and if all else fails, there's some big bushes in the little garden out back (or a PM's desk drawers)
    I finally managed to tulip in the factory building nextdoor.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •