• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Order of business for replacing bog roll dispensers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Order of business for replacing bog roll dispensers

Right then, imagine for a moment you are charged with the task of replacing the bog roll dispensers in an office of about 300 people and removing the shelves on the back walls. Starting point is this; there are dispensers on the side walls of the cubicles and shelves on the back walls containing replacement bog rolls. Surely a logical approach to ensure minimal degradation of service is to first remove the dispensers at the side, then place the new dispensers on the side walls, then fill the new dispensers, then remove the shelves at the back. This approach ensures there is always bog roll available for patrons of the khazis.

But no, the rather dumb looking young fellow charged with this great responsibility has followed the procedure written on a piece of paper by his numpty manager;
    1 remove all the shelves with the replacement rolls
    2 remove all the old dispensers
    3 place all the new dispensers
    4 fill all the new dispensers

This causes a period of approximately 3 hours in which there is no bog roll available in the office.
    Now I'm a tester, not an astrophysicist, and I can work out a way of ensuring minimal dispruption to tulipting requirements, so why can't he?

What an idiot.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Right then, imagine for a moment you are charged with the task of replacing the bog roll dispensers in an office of about 300 people and removing the shelves on the back walls. Starting point is this; there are dispensers on the side walls of the cubicles and shelves on the back walls containing replacement bog rolls. Surely a logical approach to ensure minimal degradation of service is to first remove the dispensers at the side, then place the new dispensers on the side walls, then fill the new dispensers, then remove the shelves at the back. This approach ensures there is always bog roll available for patrons of the khazis.

But no, the rather dumb looking young fellow charged with this great responsibility has followed the procedure written on a piece of paper by his numpty manager;

This causes a period of approximately 3 hours in which there is no bog roll available in the office.
    Now I'm a tester, not an astrophysicist, and I can work out a way of ensuring minimal dispruption to tulipting requirements, so why can't he?

What an idiot.

You have an astrophysicist replacing your toilet roll dispensers? Wow.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      Well, either he's one of those extremely clever people who isn't capable of simple tasks or he's an idiot. Maybe I'm being too charitable.

Comment

maybe he is secretly smiling inwardly at the idea of the whole office 'touching cloth' while he pootles around.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          maybe he is secretly smiling inwardly at the idea of the whole office 'touching cloth' while he pootles around.
          So he DOES need a smack in the chops!

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post

What an idiot.
            You need to stop trying to compete on price for these gigs.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              In my country I am astrophysicist, in your country I janitor
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Personally I would remove shelves, spare rolls and dispensers from all bog and then bugger off for a long lunch break, just like they did here the other week...Luckily there are bogs on every floor and in other buildings and if all else fails, there's some big bushes in the little garden out back (or a PM's desk drawers)
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Sh1t happens...
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                    Personally I would remove shelves, spare rolls and dispensers from all bog and then bugger off for a long lunch break, just like they did here the other week...Luckily there are bogs on every floor and in other buildings and if all else fails, there's some big bushes in the little garden out back (or a PM's desk drawers)
                    I finally managed to tulip in the factory building nextdoor.

Comment

Working...
                    X