• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bird's Eye Chilli

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't tend to chop the chillis, just prick them and add whole. I think you get a nicer flavour and if it's not hot enough at the end - add some chilli powder. Agree with the cumin too.
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

My wife just throws a handful of those fresh birds eye chillis in when cooking for the two of us. For the overall blended flavour she fries up some dried chillies and garlic in hot oil in a wok. This makes the whole house uninhabitable for several minutes, I suffer from bouts of coughing, choking, and tears streaming down my face two rooms away. Mind you, she is Thai, I remember reading that they evacuated a street in London a year or two ago because of a suspected terrorist gas attack and it was traced back to the extractor fan from a Thai restaurant.

Don't even get me started on the time I brought a Durian, a very expensive fresh fruit the size of a football with a distinctive odour, back from Chinatown in Manchester. I had security staff checking for a gas leak in the station bar then got a bay of seats to myself on the 17:30 back to Sheffield.

Comment

Bhut Jolokia's are the way to go if you're manly.

But you really should put the baby wipes in the fridge in anticipation of some pain.

I use chilli oil too, which I normally make fr Add from the previous years batch of chillies. Garlic, ginger, Onions and chillies, then add the beef, browned, then add cumin and oregano (dried) and stir in.

Add toms and Kidney beans, then flavour with soy sauce (dark), balsamic vinegar and if you're feeling mighty, add a chipottle chilli in, as it adds a glorious smokiness to it all. At the end, stir in a tablespoon of dark muscavado sugar and a load of fresh oregano.

Yummy, if a bit wild on the 'will defintely clear your pipes out' front.

Comment

Just made one this weekend. I like to keep it simple, ground shin of beef, cumin, tomatoes and green chillies, slow cook it for three hours and serve with home made guac and salsa.

Nice when cold for breakfast as well.
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
            Nice when cold for breakfast as well.
            I love chilli on toast. I do warm it up though.
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
            X