• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Caffeine!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Well, the result of the experiment:

4 Boots 'Energy-plus' pills (50mg each) = 34 seconds off my PB (official timings not yet in)

Did throw up at the end though. Not sure if that was the caffeine pills or the sprint finish.
    Nice one!

I kicked off my trail run today with a monster drink with 150mg in it which perked me up, dropped 150mg of pills a couple of hours later which brought on the jitters a bit but sailed through a pretty tough run using it. Nasty stuff really.

Comment

Going back on a thread from last week, last night, I was offered a Modafinil. Just to see what it was like, perfectly legal, I had a long drive today, so took it. 100mg.

Acutely impressed, and can see how/why people are raving about it. Could also see how an addicted personality could quite easily get hooked on the stuff. I can also imagine being an awful lot more productive if I did take it professionally. Got home safely, not crazily, and have been working hard all day on Plan B, something I avoid at all costs normally.

Be careful.

Comment

Yep - wouldn't have any qualms about drinking coffee (except I don't much like it) but taking caffeine pills as a performance boost seems 'wrong'. Not sure how much of the effect was psychological. Certainly won't do it every week, but it was interesting to try it. For someone like me who's permanently tired the modafinil thing sounds magic - and because of that I'm not going there!
        Last edited by mudskipper; 27 July 2013, 21:41. Reason: :spel

Comment

Yep - wouldn't have any qualms about drinking coffee (except I don't much like it) but taking caffeine pills as a performance boost seems 'wrong'. Not sure how much of the effect was psychological. Certainly won't do it every week, but it was interesting to try it. For someone like me whose permanently tired the modafinil thing sounds magic - and because of that I'm not going there!
          Ha, yes, indeed. After today, I am staying clear.

Comment

Yep - wouldn't have any qualms about drinking coffee (except I don't much like it) but taking caffeine pills as a performance boost seems 'wrong'. Not sure how much of the effect was psychological. Certainly won't do it every week, but it was interesting to try it. For someone like me who's permanently tired the modafinil thing sounds magic - and because of that I'm not going there!
            Far better to find out why you are permanently tired.

Could be something simple as in women it often is.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              Far better to find out why you are permanently tired.

Could be something simple as in women it often is.
              I first went to the doc feeling tired 28 years ago and honestly cannot remember ever not feeling tired since then to some degree - had various tests, but never got to the bottom of it, and you get to the point where you feel like you're just being a pain and have to live with it.

Comment

Working...
              X