• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Weekend plans

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Weekend started already....

Nice. You forgot to buy Helles though.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
      Nice. You forgot to buy Helles though.
      mmm Helles.

Never could get used to radler.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
        Intermixed with explanations of how they did have steel, they did have children, tents existed, arrows cannot just slice through plate armour, katanas cannot chop through plate, swords are cool but a man with just a single handed sword in a 15c battle would be a dead man long before he managed to hurt anyone and I don't care what happened in the Russell Crowe film you watched etc.

Rounded off by someone asking a bizarre question like "what was the metalic composition of swords in the 15c?".
        Yep, excavations show that steel was being made in Africa 3500 years ago; one reason the Bantu peoples managed to colonize almost all of Africa was their superior iron that was very hard and didn't rust; it was very close to what we call 'stainless steel'. They'd worked out how to smelt and make carbon steel for swords, spears, agricultural tools and so on. People defending themselves with copper knives or wooden implements didn't stand a chance against them.

Seeing as there were similar metals in Anatolia arroudn the same time it's obvious that 15th century armies had access to very good quality iron or steel.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Today: Cafes in the sun watching the girls pass by (already started actually at 10 this morning, just popped home to change into something slinkier), Biergarten in the early evening, cool dark pub in the late evening with Frau D.
          Tomorrow: Grillfest with Phoenix the Devourer and Anja the Fire Eater
          Sunday: Naked on the balcony
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            Yep, excavations show that steel was being made in Africa 3500 years ago; one reason the Bantu peoples managed to colonize almost all of Africa was their superior iron that was very hard and didn't rust; it was very close to what we call 'stainless steel'. They'd worked out how to smelt and make carbon steel for swords, spears, agricultural tools and so on. People defending themselves with copper knives or wooden implements didn't stand a chance against them.

Seeing as there were similar metals in Anatolia arroudn the same time it's obvious that 15th century armies had access to very good quality iron or steel.
            One MoP (member of public) before walked passed several of us in full plate, armed with swords etc to a girl who was chopping food up and told her that she was wrong because they would not have had the steel to make knives in 1471.

Another MoP argued that someone's display (not sure what it was) was wrong because he was using nails and nails were not invented until the industrial revolution. He replied "Really? I guess they must have duct taped Christ to the cross then".

And then on the other end of things one MoP waited until the end of a WW2 talk and then stayed behaind and explained to our guy that he was wrong about what he had said about bayonets being easy to pull out.

This guy had fought in WW2 and *I think, as it was a few years ago* explained how he had stabbed an enemy soldier with his bayonet and the guy was alive and screaming at him but neither of them could get the bayonet out. In the end he reloaded his gun as the guy struggled to stop him and shot the German off it.
            "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Weekend started already....

You need to check that camera. There is definitely something wrong with that photo. (and yes I know its going to be operator error rather than the camera, I'm being polite).
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                You need to check that camera. There is definitely something wrong with that photo. (and yes I know its going to be operator error rather than the camera, I'm being polite).
                Yep, they're all tulipe beers
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

You must be a mare to work with!
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Quite possibly but out of the two photos you've posted since getting your new camera one had no focus whatsoever (but we know its humedity) the second has an offset double image which on my X10 is a very occassional problem but on other version was so frequent I know 4 people who have returned them for refunds).
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                      X