• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

ze boss

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ze boss

I know that I need to chill and invoice, but it's no fun when I have to go over the same piece of code thrice using 3 different ASP.NET controls and re-wire the functionality just because "he" wants a piece of text to be displayed at the top of the control
    Been hacking for a solution for some time, because none of the controls offer a clean solution to display that piece of text. Hate it when bosses are sticklers about width of the column, text displayed in the column, ordering of columns, whether it should be called lookup or view. Micromanagement as best
    Last edited by tranceporter; 26 July 2013, 11:04.
    I am Brad. I do more than the needful and drive the market rates up by not bobbing my head.

Originally posted by tranceporter View Post
    I know that I need to chill and invoice, but it's no fun when I have to go over the same piece of code thrice using 3 different ASP.NET controls and re-wire the functionality just because "he" wants a piece of text to be displayed at the top of the control Been hacking for a solution for some time, because none of the controls offer a clean solution to display that piece of text. Hate it when bosses are sticklers about width of the column, text displayed in the column, ordering of columns, whether it should be called lookup or view. Micromanagement as best
    Do you mind removing the it's altering the line spacings.

Oh, and while you're at it, could you have your post automatically translate itself into every fully recognised EU member state language?
    England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Albert View Post
      Do you mind removing the it's altering the line spacings.

Oh, and while you're at it, could you have your post automatically translate itself into every fully recognised EU member state language?
      Wait, let me ask my boss.
      I am Brad. I do more than the needful and drive the market rates up by not bobbing my head.

Comment

Just wait for the

Originally posted by Pointy Headed Boss
        Well, that's very good.

Ok.

Now can you make it do blah blah blah as well?
        I was especially fond of that one when I'd spent days carefully crafting assembler to do what he wanted originally & had to hack it to pieces to make it do the next Brilliant Idea.

Comment

Sounds like the perfect contract. Fiddling around for years on a project that never ends, punctuated with regular invoicing....

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            Sounds like the perfect contract. Fiddling around for years on a project that never ends, punctuated with regular invoicing....
            Not really. This one is proceeding as a pretty good pace with me as a sole dev and he controlling the brains behind the thing (micromanagement), so its gonna end pretty soon. Or maybe I will

Comment

Working...
            X