• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Merseyside motorist caught doing 165mph banned

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Merseyside motorist caught doing 165mph banned

BBC News - Merseyside motorist caught doing 165mph banned

A few weeks ago I drove over to Austria for a client, I should have been banned and being made to re-sit my test!

They gave me a BMW 640d. Goodness it was fast, I sat on stretches of the road at 156 mph for ages.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Shiad Mahmoon, 23, was in an Audi when he was followed by a police helicopter at 05:00 BST in June 2011.

Is this the <snip> who said "catch me if you can"?

These people are criminals. They endanger innocent lives, children. They should be sent to concentration camps for a couple of years. In this particular case, one-way ticket back to Islamabad. He can race there, the fecking bastard.
    Last edited by administrator; 1 August 2013, 10:01. Reason: Not nice.

Comment

Originally posted by KaiserWilly View Post
      Shiad Mahmoon, 23, was in an Audi when he was followed by a police helicopter at 05:00 BST in June 2011.

These people are criminals. They endanger innocent lives, children. They should be sent to concentration camps for a couple of years. In this particular case, one-way ticket back to Islamabad. He can race there, the fecking bastard.
      What's his ethnic background got to do with anything here?
      Last edited by administrator; 1 August 2013, 10:02. Reason: Quote removed.
      Join IPSE

Comment

It's time SmallWilly was banned.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          It's time SmallWilly was banned.
          whs

I don't use CUK to read about someone who wants to send 'Pakis' to concentration camps. Sick, get rid of it.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Magistrates banned Mahmoon from driving for three years and ordered him to take a driving test before he is allowed back on the road. He was also told to pay fines and costs of £515. When asked if he could pay the full amount immediately, he put his hand in his pocket and replied sarcastically: ‘I’m about £10 short.’

Unemployed Mahmoon shrugged off the road ban as he stepped down from the dock, saying: ‘I’m still going to drive – catch me if you can.’

Last night anti-crime campaigners slammed magistrates for failing to punish the driver for contempt of court for the comment. Ellen Booth, of charity Brake, said: Driving at 165mph down a motorway is incredibly dangerous and potentially deadly at any time of the day or night. A driver travelling at that speed cannot pre-empt what hazards may be just around the corner and it is a very irresponsible act.’

Read more: Driver who was going so fast only a helicopter could keep up with vows to continue driving despite ban for going at 165mph | Mail Online
            Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              whs

I don't use CUK to read about someone who wants to send 'Pakis' to concentration camps. Sick, get rid of it.
              Ah. So you get offended by someone using an "offensive" word, and not by criminals driving at mad speeds.

I see what nasty piece of work you are.

Comment

Ah. So you get offended by someone using an "offensive" word, and not by criminals driving at mad speeds.

I see what nasty piece of work you are.
                No, I get offended by people calling for others to be sent to concentration camps.

Comment

Preserved for posterity.
                  Last edited by administrator; 1 August 2013, 10:03. Reason: Remove quote.

Comment

Just ban him. Nuff said.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X