• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Have we done...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Although a child will wait,
    A child you can reason with.... a baby? No chance - and why the bloody hell should it wait!!

Bloody clowns.
    Bazza gets caught
    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      Do you have or have you ever had a baby. You really don't want to leave them hungry for any length of time as the screaming just gets louder.
      Originally posted by doodab View Post
      Although a child will wait, it will ensure that nobody in a 15ft radius can hear anything anyone else is saying, so it's a bit of a moot point.
      Originally posted by cailin maith View Post

No children?

Babies don't wait - they scream and when you say to them, "just hang on 15 minutes dear", they just scream some more.
      I don't have children and am not particularly fussed about having them.

It's still rude in my opinion. Not because it is breastfeeding, but because the person is trying to do a job, and clearly will not have their attention. If the baby really does have to be fed there and then, ask to be excused, no reasonable person would deny a mother that request.

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
        A child you can reason with.... a baby? No chance - and why the bloody hell should it wait!!

Bloody clowns.
        Because its bloody rude.

The woman was having a 15 minute interview. In the middle she decides to whop it out and feed her baby. It shows a lack of respect to the interviewer, it shows a complete disdain to the benefits process and it shows a lack of respect for themselves.

If you were to get your phone out when I was interviewing you I'd tell you to put it away. If you started to break wind, I'd tell you to pack it in. If you got a pack of biscuits out and started munching away I'd tell you to come back later. She should have said she needed to feed the baby and come back later or used a dummy or finger for a few minutes until finished. It was bloody rude and just because its natural does not mean that the interviewer has to put up with sheer minded bloody rudeness.

And I do have children and I breast fed both. They were always disappointed.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Ketchup View Post
          If I started eating my sandwiches while being interviewed that would be rude, and so it this. Not because it is breast-feeding, but because there is a time and a place. I am sure the child could have waited for 15-minutes to be fed.
          POTD.

You don't have children do you?
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            POTD.

No, but have manners.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              POTD.

Breast feeding is on demand. Children bottle fed have to wait.
              Another example of the I want it Now generation.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I don't have children and am not particularly fussed about having them.

It's still rude in my opinion. Not because it is breastfeeding, but because the person is trying to do a job, and clearly will not have their attention. If the baby really does have to be fed there and then, ask to be excused, no reasonable person would deny a mother that request.
                Thats not relevant to this discussion. Good for you if you don't want kids. But not having to deal with a screaming hungry baby isn't something you do or will understand.

Of course she should have asked to be excused - but she didn't.

Would it have been ok if she'd sat there and took out a bottle and fed it while she was talking?
                Bazza gets caught

Comment

No, but have manners.
                  Babies don't have manners.... they don't have anything except their lungs to tell you what they want and they dont give a tulip that the nice man in the jobcentre really wants to find a job for their mum.
                  Bazza gets caught

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    And I do have children and I breast fed both. They were always disappointed.
                    Bazza gets caught

Comment

I can just imagine Ketchup with a kid "Now old bean, if you would kindly stop screaming for a tiny moment while I talk with this nice man ...."

Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X