• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Poppy Project

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The PM will celebrate that day by closing a huge arms deal with some middle-eastern country.
    McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
    Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      PLANT CULTURES - Opium poppy

Pays me respect 'innit and boosts me plan b?
      "Opium poppies grow well in the British climate - why not try it? Most seed companies in Britain stock opium poppy seed, and the poppies should even grow from poppy seeds sold for cooking, though they may not have such attractive coloured flowers."

"India is the only country that alows the legal production of raw opium on a large scale for export. Cultivation in India is confined to a few regions. Opium is harvested by making a cut in fruit capsules and collecting the milky sap that oozes from it."

So what is to stop us growing opium poppies and then harvesting?

Comment

Could we celebrate the day by starting WW3? Please let us be on the Germans side this time.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Could we celebrate the day by starting WW3? Please let us be on the Germans side this time.
          We'll be fine. We've sent our special envoy Suityou01 to negotiate with their German Project manager. What could possibly go wrong?
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Nice idea, I've got a patch I was wondering what to do with. Sorted.
            Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
            +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              "Opium poppies grow well in the British climate - why not try it? Most seed companies in Britain stock opium poppy seed, and the poppies should even grow from poppy seeds sold for cooking, though they may not have such attractive coloured flowers."

"India is the only country that alows the legal production of raw opium on a large scale for export. Cultivation in India is confined to a few regions. Opium is harvested by making a cut in fruit capsules and collecting the milky sap that oozes from it."

So what is to stop us growing opium poppies and then harvesting?
              Yep, there's a huge field of them which I found out belongs to one of the PharmaCos on one of my cycle routes.

Comment

Originally posted by MadDawg View Post
                Yep, there's a huge field of them which I found out belongs to one of the PharmaCos on one of my cycle routes.

I randomly find some oink has slashed one of my light pink poppies obviously thinking they are opium poppies. However I think they are actually some toxic poppy hybrid which will make them feel rather ill rather than giving them a high.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Though I'm not really that keen on the poppy appeal and so on, this is a really nice idea. Did you come up with it or are you spreading it?

There are a few such guerrilla projects around, one person can do loads so if you get people on board it could be pretty amazing.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I would never wear a poppy, but I think I will fill my garden with them for next year. good idea
                    (\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                      Though I'm not really that keen on the poppy appeal and so on, this is a really nice idea. Did you come up with it or are you spreading it?

There are a few such guerrilla projects around, one person can do loads so if you get people on board it could be pretty amazing.
                      A Freemason friend of mine dreamt this up and it's doing the rounds of various lodges. His lodge is "Lodge of Remembrance".

Thank you to all that will take part.

Comment

Working...
                      X