• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Scottish universities are the best in the UK at converting their research into busine

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mind you innumeracy seems to be quite a Scottish phenomenon

Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      Population of Greater London is 12 million, of Greater Manchester 2.5 million.
      So if productivity was same, and you take income tax as a proxy for that, income tax in London would be about 5 times Manchester's.
      By your figures it actually is approx. 7.7 times.

I shudder to think what nonsense you are providing your German "clients". Long may you be our secret weapon abroad, undermining German industry with your innumeracy.
      What a moron.

Your population sizes are wrong.

The fool chatters, whilst the wise man listens.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Population of Greater London is 12 million, of Greater Manchester 2.5 million.
        So if productivity was same, and you take income tax as a proxy for that, income tax in London would be about 5 times Manchester's.
        By your figures it actually is approx. 7.7 times.

I shudder to think what nonsense you are providing your German "clients". Long may you be our secret weapon abroad, undermining German industry with your innumeracy.
        What a moron.

Source? You seem incredibly good at quoting bollox inaccurate figures without reference to where you got your data from.

And that for me is why you will always be King Cretin.

But to demonstrate what most people expect

Greater London Population = 9,787,426 (2011 census via Wikipedia)
        Last edited by eek; 12 August 2013, 12:42.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post

Wikipedia gives London's metropolitan area as having a population of 15 million, and Manchester's 2.5 million, so a ratio of 6:1. The income tax ratio is still 7.64 though, so London is still paying over the odds.

Edit: The income tax comes from Scooter's figures so I take no responsibility for it.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post

Originally posted by eek View Post
            Source? You seem incredibly good at quoting bollox inaccurate figures without reference to where you got your data from.

Greater Manchester - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
            Greater London - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Actually I was being generous with calling the pop of London 12 million. The 2nd link calls it 8 million.
            Which means ScooterDunce's point is even more wrong .
            The second link also confirms, what everyone knows, London adds the most GVA per capita.

I find it scary that people like you are making some sort of living from numbers.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

But to demonstrate what most people expect
              So your figure of 9 million only confirms my point more emphatically, but you fail to realise that.
              Feck me, you're stupid.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                Wikipedia gives London's metropolitan area as having a population of 15 million, and Manchester's 2.5 million, so a ratio of 6:1. The income tax ratio is still 7.64 though, so London is still paying over the odds.

Edit: The income tax comes from Scooter's figures so I take no responsibility for it.
                Yes even on the largest figures for London, my point still stands.
                I can just imagine eek and scooterdunce scratching their heads. Doh!
                It's like Dumb and Dumber.

Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Public sector numbers look higher as several large industries have not been nationalised, that is quite different to the state giving an uneconomic area some jobs out of preference.

Comment

So your figure of 9 million only confirms my point more emphatically, but you fail to realise that.
                    Feck me, you're stupid.
                    No just picking you up on facts. Once I see someone using crap figures as part of an argument I switch off and treat the entire argument as crap and not worthy of attention.

If fact 1 on page 1 is obviously wrong why on earth do you think anyone will assume that the rest of the argument has any more validity (and bother to read any further)? And you've made that exact mistake twice in the past week and in the latter case I applied the ignore rule.
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

We do like fags, booze and sugar though.

Comment

Working...
                      X