• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The parasites that rule us

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zoco View Post
    But a bloke up the road who has done this for the last couple of years had to stop doing it this year because of the normal crap - mostly work he needed to do for health and safety - and also disabled access. No point carrying on - how would he ever compete with Pizza Express?
    Why shouldn't a pop-up have to follow the same rules as a proper restaurant?

Another thing that I believe will be short lived (can't remember the name of the website but it's very popular among caravaners etc) is that scheme where you park up for free and spend the night in the carpark of a local pub, shop, cafe whatever on the premise that you will pop into said shop and spend some money. This, apparently, flouts certain laws and they are starting to crack down on that now. Ditto the simliar thing where you let shoppers park on your drive via some website.
    Are you just wilfully lying? Only two weeks ago the government was backing rent-your-drive schemes.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      I'm all for disabled access and I can understand that the same rules should apply to all but I can't help feeling that it's a bit over the top telling him he has to have disabled access to what is ostensibly his garden thunderbox when he's just running a temporary seasonal operation.

Of course, he could get rid of the tables and chairs in his garden and make it a takeaway - then he wouldn't have to provide the bog but then the oufit would lose its appeal as he also "sells" alcohol via a donation box & people often have a few ciders with their pizzas whilst they eat them in the garden. It's the whole guerilla charm of it but there you go...

Comment

Originally posted by zoco View Post
        . It's the whole guerilla charm of it but there you go...
        I'd be more worried about the gastro-enterous-charm.
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
          I'd be more worried about the gastro-enterous-charm.
          not sure why, many 'professional kitchens' I have been in seemed to have no idea or more likely no respect of Hygiene but small vendors I have met are constantly wiping and disinfecting surfaces.

Because its big doesn't mean its good just that it can fill in the big boys paperwork.

All the small vendors will have had to do a food hygiene course and are if they are owner + Operators are more likely to be more intelligent and diligent than a fast food chain's minimum wage staff.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

The council are in the pockets of big business. I have two retail premises plus offices. One shop is a fully fitted out coffee shop, Both are closed, killed off by business rates and the corrupt council. There is a hard core of local retailers who fight the council but the threats they get is unbelievable. One small photographic shop a stone’s throw away is paying £8k per month business rates. Any new venture that is in competition with big companies will be hounded until they shut up shop. I know two petrol station franchises that were hounded by a supermarket chain. One committed suicide, the other gave up in tears.
            Last edited by Paddy; 15 August 2013, 18:08.
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

For the same reason you don't follow the same rules as a Permie. You are different and a different set of rules should apply. These should reflect the reality of the situation, now if you are saying that pop up restaurants need to have the same facilities as a bricks and mortar restaurant that surely is a policy decision not an Axiom? Obviously safety rules are paramount but the others need to be specified sensitively if we wish to encourage these businesses.

Are you just wilfully lying? Only two weeks ago the government was backing rent-your-drive schemes.
              There is a difference between Government and Council, whilst the Government may support driveway parking the councils do not, a simple story that puts both sides is linked to below:

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/p...w-driveway-tax

now you owe Zoco an apology because (S)he was not LYING, you were just ill informed.

Sorry to be rude but you started it.

Comment

What do you think IR35 is for?

Comment

it probably just comes down to human greed

the one man pop up pizza shop will not make money for anyone but the owner...

therefore the council will stop it as they cannot give lucrative contracts to people while lining their own pockets..

they are all just scum

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                    What do you think IR35 is for?
                    to pretend to raise tax to placate permies, to ensure large party donations /backhanders roll in from the outsourcers who abuse their staff and immigration rules.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                      The council are in the pockets of big business. I have two retail premises plus offices. One shop is a fully fitted out coffee shop, Both are closed, killed off by business rates and the corrupt council. There is a hard core of local retailers who fight the council but the threats they get is unbelievable. One small photographic shop a stone’s throw away is paying £8k per month business rates. Any new venture that is in competition with big companies will be hounded until they shut up shop. I know two petrol station franchises that were hounded by a supermarket chain. On committed suicide, the other gave up in tears.
                      Originally posted by vetran View Post
                      For the same reason you don't follow the same rules as a Permie. You are different and a different set of rules should apply. These should reflect the reality of the situation, now if you are saying that pop up restaurants need to have the same facilities as a bricks and mortar restaurant that surely is a policy decision not an Axiom? Obviously safety rules are paramount but the others need to be specified sensitively if we wish to encourage these businesses.

There is a difference between Government and Council, whilst the Government may support driveway parking the councils do not, a simple story that puts both sides is linked to below:

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/p...w-driveway-tax

now you owe Zoco an apology because (S)he was not LYING, you were just ill informed.

Sorry to be rude but you started it.
                      Originally posted by original PM View Post
                      it probably just comes down to human greed

the one man pop up pizza shop will not make money for anyone but the owner...

therefore the council will stop it as they cannot give lucrative contracts to people while lining their own pockets..

they are all just scum

Hear hear!

And in the mean time the services they provide get worse and cost more money. Don't even get me started on waste disposal or the state of the roads.

And furthermore - they harp on about these wicked cuts but still seem to have the resources to produce a glossy magazine that they send out to everyone in the district twice a year trumpeting their commitment to the pernicious cult of "equality and diversity"
                      Last edited by zoco; 15 August 2013, 13:41.

Comment

Working...
                      X