• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Something that really annoys me...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zoco View Post
    ..and judging by the number of people who do it I bet a few of you on here are guilty of this too :

People at petrol stations who won't use a pump when it's on the opposite side to their filler cap and just sit there blocking my route to that pump

I mean, a minibus or something fair enough but a Fiat 500? Sheesh....
    My car is rather wide, if I do it from the opposite side the nozzle is upside down and cuts out
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      And whose bright idea was to make filler cap on the other side from the driver?

I guess they are just cheapskates and don't want to adapt model for UK market
      It use to mean if you had a Japanese or other model from the Far East you rarely had to queue at petrol stations with pumps with short hoses.

Now it makes no difference as more people have such cars due to them producing smaller fuel efficient models.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by zoco View Post
        ..and judging by the number of people who do it I bet a few of you on here are guilty of this too :

People at petrol stations who won't use a pump when it's on the opposite side to their filler cap and just sit there blocking my route to that pump

I mean, a minibus or something fair enough but a Fiat 500? Sheesh....
        Almost as annoying as filler pump hoses that are too short to stretch to the other side of the car. I mean, if I was driving a HGV, that's one thing, but a Fiat 500?
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

What annoyed me was, when I pulled into my local garage and sat behind a car at a pump - driver nowhere to be seen so obviously, inside paying for their petrol and will be out soon.
          After 5 minutes of sitting there and many other cars coming and going, it becomes obvious they've filled up, and then gone into the shop/mini-supermarket, got themselves a trolley and are doing a full shop!

Very annoying. Move your bloody car!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rhubarb View Post
            What annoyed me was, when I pulled into my local garage and sat behind a car at a pump - driver nowhere to be seen so obviously, inside paying for their petrol and will be out soon.
            After 5 minutes of sitting there and many other cars coming and going, it becomes obvious they've filled up, and then gone into the shop/mini-supermarket, got themselves a trolley and are doing a full shop!

Very annoying. Move your bloody car!!!
            whs +1000

Comment

Why don't you just keep driving to a filling station that doesn't have such a big queue?
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                Why don't you just keep driving to a filling station that doesn't have such a big queue?
                I'm banned from some of the service stations round here so I have limited options

Comment

Why don't they have a car that has a filler on both sides?

Comment

Originally posted by Alias View Post
                    I don't like pay@pump as many times the receipt doesn't print out
                    Every single time...

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                      One car having the filler one side, & the other car having the filler on the other side.

Can never remember which is which.
                      There's a little arrow on the petrol gauge

Comment

Working...
                      X