• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Buying specs online

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    The ones I have are beautiful. I still don't like them [on me].

Let the rest of us judge!
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post

Let the rest of us judge!
      Bugger off
      Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
      +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Bugger off
        I've right gone off you.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Thanks all of you for your suggestion. I haven't found "the one" yet. I'm a bit picky, I know, but I'll keep on looking.
          Last edited by petergriffin; 28 August 2013, 18:22.
          <Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

Comment

Originally posted by Runs With Scissors View Post
            Glasses Direct

I've just bought two pairs for less than £50 and I'm delighted with them. I've used spex4less and goggles4u in the past but Glasses Direct quality and speed of delivery is just that bit better.

You can get 30% off frames as well if you mention my name when you get to the checkout - (Not because I am involved in any way or important, just a marketing ploy by them) PM me if you are interested.....
            Thanks for the suggestion. They have lots of concurrent offers, including the friend referral. Pity it looks like you can use them all but in reality you have to choose which one is best for you.

They have a "Second pair for free" and "50% discount on all orders" but when you go to the checkout, if you take advantage of the 50% discount, then the second pair is not for free.

Still a good offer, but it leaves a bit of bad taste in your month. It makes you want to think twice.

EDIT: I was twit. I read the order incorrectly. I can get the two offers at once.
            Last edited by petergriffin; 30 August 2013, 09:12.
            <Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

Comment

Lensway used to have a great deal for new clients, £75 off or something like that.

Excellent customer service as well - had a fault on one pair, so I rang them up. New pair was sent out as soon as they were made, no charge - they have a 366 day guarantee.

Edit - just checked and it says that the first frame is free
              Last edited by TheFaQQer; 30 August 2013, 08:08.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

This is officially the most useful [to me] thread on CUK. I really like the Glasses Direct site, I think it's the one with the facility to add your current glasses measurements. One day I might make a decision on which ones to buy...
                Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

If you find frames that you like and want to keep, then Ciliary Blue are pretty good for reglazing them, which is what I do most of the time.
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                    According to the Royal College of Ophthalmologists;

Stuff that; I can understand getting laser surgery if you have really tulipe eyesight, but otherwise, I'd say a 'less than 5 percent' risk of something going wrong with your eyes is too much risk.

Anyway, specs are cool.
                    Yes but that 5% includes "dry eyes" which isn't really something going wrong. I had it and have dry[ish] eyes and it's fine, better than the alternative and I'm not even that into outdoor stuff. For sport it would be a revelation, although for rugby they prefer a different technique to stop your eyes popping when you get creamed.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

This is officially the most useful [to me] thread on CUK.
                      Maybe the mod(s) could mark it as sticky?

Comment

Working...
                      X