• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

To the people that create these roadside shrines.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To the people that create these roadside shrines.

Would it be possible if you could remove the man made wrapping from the flowers before you tie them onto whatever your relative hit.

If not, come back when the flowers have died and remove them.

Jeez.

A lot of the time it's not the relatives. It's just random members of the pyblic. Mawkish is the word for it I believe.

When did this start happening? I don't believe this nonsense tge media always spout about the death of Lady Di being some turning point in the nation's emotional character.

Comment

BBC One - Moving On, Series 4, The Shrine
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I often think that life should be for the living not the dead. Then I wonder how I would be if one of my children died.

Comment

Originally posted by zoco View Post

When did this start happening? I don't believe this nonsense tge media always spout about the death of Lady Di being some turning point in the nation's emotional character.
          It happened before the death of Lady Di.

It was imported from the US.

Part of it I think is because we don't celebrate the life of someone who died in the US and UK.

The random stranger shrines include ghost bikes. Apparently the ghost bikes upset some people when in fact they are just a warning to cyclists AND vehicle drivers to be careful at that junction.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            I often think that life should be for the living not the dead. Then I wonder how I would be if one of my children died.
            Public display of emotion isn't it. Not really the stiff British lip.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              Public display of emotion isn't it. Not really the stiff British lip.
              I had this discussion on FRiday night with my taxi driver home from hospital. He came here from Sierra Leone 18 years ago. He is going there next year - but now feels more British. We did the stiff upper lip, warm beer and cricket thing - but I am not sure what is is to be British anymore. Its a huge multiculteral melting pot - which is alot better IMO.

Anyway, are you suggesting I should keep my counting fetish in private?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                I had this discussion on FRiday night with my taxi driver home from hospital. He came here from Sierra Leone 18 years ago. He is going there next year - but now feels more British. We did the stiff upper lip, warm beer and cricket thing - but I am not sure what is is to be British anymore. Its a huge multiculteral melting pot - which is alot better IMO.

Anyway, are you suggesting I should keep my counting fetish in private?
                Very multicultural.

Shocking moment girl kicks elderly Asian man, 80, to the ground causing his turban to fall off before spitting in his face | Mail Online

Comment

3 months for kicking him and spitting in his face. 30 years for the racism part.

Comment

The A272 in Hampshire is a road with lots of bends and is popular for motorcyclists. There are several deaths a year by show off motorcyclists and teenage car drivers who can't negotiate bends and hit trees. Each time I see a shrine I think "twat".
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                    X