• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Recent films

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recent films

Saw Oblivion (2013) last night.

Excellent, and its 7.1 out of 10 on IMDB is well deserved IMHO. Rather baffling in places, but all becomes clear by the end if you pay attention.

In short, without giving too much away, it's Independence Day for grown ups
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Watched Zero Dark Thirty the other week, but I haven't seen any of the first twenty-nine so a lot of the running gags were lost on me.

Comment

The Incredible Burt Wonderstone. Jim Carrey is amazing in it. His best ever role IMO.

Comment

Сasablanca.

Pretty good but they really needed alternate ending.

Comment

Alan Partridge, Alpha Papa - as I was brought up very near, but not quite in, Norfolk.

Bit like a documentary really!

Comment

I still think Cloud Atlas was the best film I've seen for a long while, once you get the premise of the film it all makes sense and seeing so many actors playing against type just worked
            Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Went to see KickAss 2 on Saturday, with the wife.

Much as I had expected and very entertaining.

Think I LOL'd at some rather sick moments, but hey, I enjoyed the film, no looking at watch until the credits rolled, a good sign.

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
              I still think Cloud Atlas was the best film I've seen for a long while, once you get the premise of the film it all makes sense and seeing so many actors playing against type just worked
              Maybe it was a little late, but I really couldn't get into it.
              Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
                Maybe it was a little late, but I really couldn't get into it (Cloud Atlas).
                WHS, although I plan to give it another go sometime.

Saw The Place beyond the Pines (2012) last night. Excellent, highly recommended
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Side Effects and Trance are both worth watching

Comment

Ditto. Watched Kick Ass 2 this weekend and enjoyed it. Now if only I could have managed to squeeze in Percy Jackson and Planes 3D
                    That being, last couple of months have had some real good movies for summer holidays! Anyone looking forward to Mortal Instruments : City of Bones?
                    I am Brad. I do more than the needful and drive the market rates up by not bobbing my head.

Comment

Working...
                    X