• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gutless. The stench of appeasement

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A rare outbreak of democracy in Britain. More of this please.

Comment

The history of mankind is absolutely chock-full of staged incidents designed to provoke war.
      I have no idea if chemical weapons were used in Syria, and if they were, I have no idea who used them
      but the idea of a fit-up comes first in my mind.

appeasment is giving someone yer wallet if they look like they might want to kick you in the nuts.

what threat do Syria pose to us ? where does the idea of appeasment come from ?
      sounds like more bollux from a known bollux-generator

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        We may need to take the Great of Great Britain on that comment Cojak.

This country is the beacon of Democracy, fair play and justice. We just showed we're more Italian than English with this display.
        Welcome to the real world...
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Going in guns blazing to stop those evil folks worked very well in Iraq...
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

In the past decade more US soldiers have died from suicide than have been KIA.

Why the UK listens to what that this country has to say is beyond me.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              It is interesting that this chemical attack seemed to have so much media coverage / videos / YouTubes etc compared with anything else from that country.
              I think it's the nature of it that the western media have latched on to. There's plenty of horrible things from there if you're so inclined.

One that got me was the From Our Own Correspondent about the snipers in Aleppo.

The idea of getting dragged into a ground war in that place appals me (it will turn into a regional conflict), but I think targeted strikes against known chemical weapon infrastructure are warranted, and probably necessary.

That's enough sense for this evening, the only sane thing to do is to turn the entire desert to glass. We'd probably get kicked out of the UN though....
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                If your army is really good at not losing men, that's not so surprising. Think about it.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post

Why the UK listens to what that this country has to say is beyond me.
                  Weren't more of our troops killed by the Americans than the Iraqis in the first gulf war as well
                  Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                    That's enough sense for this evening, the only sane thing to do is to turn the entire desert to glass. We'd probably get kicked out of the UN though....
                    The UN is pointless now anyway, when you have some beacons of democracy as China and Russia able to veto anything
                    Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Pretty reasonable decision to be fair - no good evidence was shown and short term action won't make things better anyway.

Comment

Working...
                      X