• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

High mileage big cars

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    What's your decision after all this then NLUK?
    He's sticking with what he knows.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
      What's your decision after all this then NLUK?
      Honestly? I haven't a bloody clue....

Was looking at more expensive convertibles at the weekend with the idea of getting rid of both but I drove the Zed to work today with hood down and turned up with a grin from ear to ear. Zed has got to stay. Apart from that I don't have a scooby...
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
        He's sticking with what he knows.

Talking of high mileage numbers with multiple owners and has been driven hard.....
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Honestly? I haven't a bloody clue....

Was looking at more expensive convertibles at the weekend with the idea of getting rid of both but I drove the Zed to work today with hood down and turned up with a grin from ear to ear. Zed has got to stay. Apart from that I don't have a scooby...
          I'd drive it every day if it's that great. Life's too short to be miserable.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Talking of high mileage numbers with multiple owners and has been driven hard.....
            It's just a shame your big end's gone.

Comment

If you're considering spending £6k on anything with complexity (i.e. most of the barges mentioned so far), spend £50 on a fault code reader first.

Firstly, it will tell you which fault codes the car has triggered which you can compare to service invoices
              Secondly, it will pay for itself when negotiating price as you can say that xyz component needs replacing ('cos the computer says so, same as in the dealers).

Comment

. Apart from that I don't have a scooby...
                There you go, sorted. Get one. 4wd, fast (old style Forester), last longer than a Merc. Perfect family car.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/used-car...6287?logcode=p
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

I was rather tempted by one of these but I got a modern one instead, fearing an older Jag/Daimler might no be the most reliable car around. The most expensive car for me is one that doesn't drive when I need it to.
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by financial analyst View Post
                    If you're considering spending £6k on anything with complexity (i.e. most of the barges mentioned so far), spend £50 on a fault code reader first.

Firstly, it will tell you which fault codes the car has triggered which you can compare to service invoices
                    Secondly, it will pay for itself when negotiating price as you can say that xyz component needs replacing ('cos the computer says so, same as in the dealers).
                    The trouble is most sellers / garages know that you can reset fault codes with the same tool so not really useful unless the sellers are honest
                    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
                    X