• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

High mileage big cars

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    Back to reality....

NLUK: go VW group and save yourself the hassle.
    It was a Porsche; that's VW.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      SWMBO saw this as I opened it and her first comments were 'How are you supposed to park that?' Can't believe she even considered it! There may be light at the end of the tunnel yet!
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
        Is it just you in it during the week ? If so the slk 350d will do ridiculous mpg and is probably more fun than your 350
        Yeah, £25K car.

Bang on budget.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          SWMBO saw this as I opened it and her first comments were 'How are you supposed to park that?' Can't believe she even considered it! There may be light at the end of the tunnel yet!
          On your driveway, and otherwise you'll be too busy driving it to bother parking anywhere.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Hee hee.. Had endless debates about this one with a guy that has one in the office and agreed to disagree in the end. He doesn't like mine as it is too noisy and harsh drive. Also he says you sit too far down in the car. I don't like his as it is too refined, not noisy enough and still has the hairdresser tag for people that don't know cars. Next one will be a toss up between the SLK55 and the 370 but love the 350 so it's staying for awhile.
            So the thing you need to watch with the AMG toys are that you might get well over 400bhp but:

They forget to mention all the computers that then spend their time robbing you of the horses to keep the car safe and in a straight line And most importantly if you can hear that fantastic engine then you are breaking every speed limit in this county... And we'll on the way to getting banned

Comment

Well my Ford Focus run about finally died. Too much wrong with it to keep it so am looking for something new. Looking to spend about £6k and will be doing around 30k miles a year so needs to be diesel. Would like something that is a bit of fun not just another Focus type though.

What is the boards thoughts on the high mileage big cars like the 5 series, Jag X Type etc 6k gets you something around 100k miles. Are these to be avoided as they will start costing or will they take me to the moon and back without too much cost? They still seem to go for a decent amount even with 150k on the clock. There is one up with over 300k on the clock lol...
              There have been several threads on this which you could have found simply by searching.
              Are you sure you're cut out to do anything with IT, however simple?
              Last edited by sasguru; 30 August 2013, 15:34.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
                So the thing you need to watch with the AMG toys are that you might get well over 400bhp
                What's the problem with that?!?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  There have been several threads on this which you could have found simply by searching.
                  Are you sure you're cut out to do anything with IT, however simple?
                  That is valuable input. I shall take it on board..........
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Not at all practical but another 350z for a daily driver.. Or very least the 4 seat Infinity G35 version.

More sensibly check out Saab's, apparently generally newer and more toys for your buck vs usual Euro stuff.

I'm looking for a comutermobile to do 12k pa in, but keep coming back to idea of a Zed... Or a Cayman. Not that dissimilar really.

Comment

Take your pick of one of these leather sofas on wheels:

Used VOLKSWAGEN PHAETON V6TDI 4MN 5SEAT A 2005 for £5450

Used Volkswagen PHAETON V6 TDI 5STR ... for £7900

Comment

Working...
                      X