• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Education in this country is screwed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Technical colleges? Our local one does all sorts of short courses in useful stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      usually local collages only offer courses suitable for the demographic of your region

enough said
      Web.Enrol - find courses

Art, Craft & Design (20 courses)
      Business (3 courses)
      Computing / IT Skills (61 courses)
      Cookery & Healthy Eating (4 courses)
      Dance & Exercise (7 courses)
      English & Maths (12 courses)
      ESOL - English for Speakers of Other Languages (15 courses)
      Hair, Beauty & Complementary Therapies (12 courses)
      Other (2 courses)
      Personal Development (1 course)
      Skills for Work & Employability (7 courses)
      yep
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        Technical colleges? Our local one does all sorts of short courses in useful stuff.
        That's because you live in an area where people want to do more than just paint nails and stare at crystals.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
          Keep looking chuck, something will turn up

Originally posted by doodab View Post
          Pun of the day.
          missed that completely

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
            I've decided I fancy doing an adult education course, learning how to use CNC machines for milling & turning metal.

So I had a look on my local council website. I can get courses in crystal healing, applying make up, nail art and facial skincare. I can study ballroom dancing or christmas flower arranging. But I can't even learn how to use hand tools, never mind a ******* lathe.

Axminster Tools do excellent short courses including some engineering ones.

Comment

Is there one of these near you?

Was taking off in Australia in quite a big way...
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

or these

The UK Hackspace Foundation
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Really pisses me off does this.
                  When I was working away I used to sign up to all sorts of woodworking courses. Learnt a load about general woodworking, woodcarving and turning in this way. I learnt valuable skills and it kept me out of the pubs. Now, though, bugger all to be found more interesting than flower arranging. Mrs A who is in the educashun business tells me that the previous bunch of useless pulled all the funding for this sort of course and put it into the classes for useless scrotes who couldn't be arsed to work and get a decent grade in school. Result is that all the courses that were seen to not be furthering their social agenda went under as the cost for the attendees went through the roof and made them unaffordable.
                  My liver hates them.

Comment

usually local collages only offer courses suitable for the demographic of your region

enough said
                    there in the business to make money, and if painting nails is all that interests the local then so be it.
                    Not to mention most locals do not speak english very well - the country so slowly turning into a huge bus station
                    Looks like they can't write it either

Comment

The more I read doodab's posts the more it appears he lives in some chavvy, ghetto area.
                      I've been keeping an eye out for the filth he says infests London and that he claims I don't notice. But where I live it all seems green and leafy, spic and span, well-manicured lawns and drives. I did see a can of Coke on the next street though.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X