• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Health and Safety Madness

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zoco View Post
    This handrail thing seems to be their flagship health and safety policy.

They also encourage staff to come up with their own initiatives.

I'm tempted to suggest not holding the handrail since I'd rather break my neck than succumb to one of those nasty winter stomach viruses picked up from touching surfaces that have been contaminated by filthy individuals who don't wash their hands after taking a dump.
    Suggest the introduction of a hand washing and bog seat cleaning inspector to tackle both this problem and the challenge of people leaving skidmarks on the bog seat.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

At an old gig they would assign random people to help with health and safety checks.

I got asked to spend a day going round checking all the fire doors would open. Made a change and got full pay for the day so didnt mind.

Some of the doors were hard to open. One I couldnt open at all, even with full force kicks.

So I got brownie points for finding a door that couldnt be opened.

Funny old world.

Comment

Do they insist on reverse parking? Apparently most car park accidents are caused by people reversing when leaving site, the data on how many are caused by reversing into the space in the first place wasn't available.
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by CoolCat View Post
          At an old gig they would assign random people to help with health and safety checks.

I got asked to spend a day going round checking all the fire doors would open. Made a change and got full pay for the day so didnt mind.

Some of the doors were hard to open. One I couldnt open at all, even with full force kicks.

So I got brownie points for finding a door that couldnt be opened.

Funny old world.
          I think the sign said pull rather than push
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
            Do they insist on reverse parking? Apparently most car park accidents are caused by people reversing when leaving site, the data on how many are caused by reversing into the space in the first place wasn't available.
            Used to do that at the MOD in the eighties - but that was so we could drive away quickly if the IRA decided to shoot at us.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              Used to do that at the MOD in the eighties - but that was so we could drive away quickly if the IRA decided to shoot at us.
              +1 the purpose of reverse parking is to get out quick if you need to. Strangely oil companies especially at refineries and terminals really like the idea....

in one place the meeting place if there is an emergency is 5 miles away....
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
              X