• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Health and Safety Madness

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Health and Safety Madness

I've seen it all now...

Employees at my current client co are encouraged to issue health and safety challenges to co-workers.

The most common of these challenges appears to be when people forget to use the staircase handrail. When challenged, the challengee must accept the challenge and modify his/her behaviour accordingly. At this point, a handshake will ensue and the challenger will say the words "I am my brother's/sister's keeper".

I know you will find this hard to believe but it's really true. If anyone did that to me I think I'd probably be tempted to laugh!

Originally posted by zoco View Post
    I've seen it all now...

Employees at my current client co are encouraged to issue health and safety challenges to co-workers.

The most common of these challenges appears to be when people forget to use the staircase handrail. When challenged, the challengee must accept the challenge and modify his/her behaviour accordingly. At this point, a handshake will ensue and the challenger will say the words "I am my brother's/sister's keeper".

I know you will find this hard to believe but it's really true. If anyone did that to me I think I'd probably be tempted to laugh!
    Do you work in Jamestown by any chance? Don't accept any drinks they hand you out
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

when the challenger offers their hand to shake, grab it firmly and pull them down the stairs, Job Done!
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        when the challenger offers their hand to shake, grab it firmly and pull them down the stairs, Job Done!
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

You working in a Masonic lodge?

You can hardly blame the client though. As soon as someone falls down the stairs twisting their ankle in the process you'll those 'no win no fee' vultures suing for big bucks.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Oil & Gas Co?

I worked at one where all the H&S stuff seemed way over the top until I attended a short presentation that explained why.

As you can imagine H&S is pretty important on a rig or refinery and a large percentage of their staff would visit these environments on a regular basis so they decided to introduce the same rules across all sites to maintain standards, it was proven to reduce accidents dramatically.
            Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by zoco View Post
              I've seen it all now...

It is BP
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                I would then challenge him back by sticking an odourmonitor in his hands to check that he has washed since his last s**t
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                  It is BP
                  Also happens at a Norwegian O&G company I work with.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                    It is BP
                    If it's BP its 3 strikes and you're out. So it can't be as he would be out the door by now.
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                    X