• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Working away from home - eating healthily

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    It's almost like people should have a balanced exercise and do some exercise.
    You don't want unbalanced exercise, you could fall and hurt yourself.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      You don't want unbalanced exercise, you could fall and hurt yourself.
      Good spot! Am a bit hungover this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        It's almost like people should have a balanced exercise
        Weightlifting on a tightrope?

Comment

Since Mich is in the thread... does the old line "muscle weighs more than fat" actually count as a valid excuse for why increasing your exercise doesn't reduce your weight?

I started cycling a few months back - now averaging 30min a day I'd say. My thighs are visibly more muscly, and very much so to the touch - there are definite chunks of muscle where before there were none.
          But is that kind of change likely to involve a non-negligible increase in muscle mass, i.e. measured in multiple pounds?
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            Since Mich is in the thread... does the old line "muscle weighs more than fat" actually count as a valid excuse for why increasing your exercise doesn't reduce your weight?

I started cycling a few months back - now averaging 30min a day I'd say. My thighs are visibly more muscly, and very much so to the touch - there are definite chunks of muscle where before there were none.
            But is that kind of change likely to involve a non-negligible increase in muscle mass, i.e. measured in multiple pounds?
            It can, if you're doing the type of exercise that leads to increased muscle bulk, and if you have that kind of body that builds muscle bulk easily. Also, after exercise you might be heavier for a day or so due to fluid in the muscles. But for most people doing aerobic exercise the excuse won't wash. I've found since stopping rugby and moving to pretty serious cycling, including occasional racing, that I've lost 12kgs, mostly upper body muscle and a bit of fat, while my legs are about the same size as when I was shoving in scrums and doing deadlifts.

If you have visible muscle growth on your legs, you can assume that counts for a few kilos of gain; look at a 1kg lump of pork you'd make for Sunday roast, and imagine that spread over the full length and breadth of both your legs and your bum muscles (gluteus); it should be clear that the 1kg gain in muscle would only just be visible on your legs, so visibly bigger legs can mean perhaps 3 kg of gain, depending obviously on how long your legs are and whether you're being honest with yourself.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Possibly, what you should also see is a change in waistline though.

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed View Post
                Is the correct answer. A shelf in the fridge and freezer and use of the kitchen. Much cheapness too!
                Blood in your poo

Comment

Working...
                X