• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New car time

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nissan Micra/Note ?

Vauxhall Tigra/Corsa ?

Toyota Aygo ?

VW Lupo/Fox ?

Something like this? (Clunge magnet)

Join IPSE

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      Ask OH; he knows EVERYTHING about cars!
      Is there any real need to be a dick? Seriously?

If you're doing very low miles, and those are not long distance, I'd go electric to be honest. If not, the Skoda and Seat's are effectively VW Up's in new clothes, but are cheaper.

If it was my money, I'd go VW as I like the brand, uber reliable and they look very nice. If you're not into cars, then buy the skoda as it's pretty much the same thing, but cheaper.

Look at Autoebid as well, so you don't make the mistake as Bob spud and pay list He could have saved himself £13k
      Last edited by Old Hack; 13 September 2013, 08:32.

Comment

an I10 is far better than the competition in my opinion. I have hired most of them in that class, the VW was rubbish.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
          Is there any real need to be a dick? Seriously?
          It's called 'ribbing'. Taking the mickey. Teasing. Harmless fun.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

It's called 'ribbing'. Taking the mickey. Teasing. Harmless fun.
            Sorry, I took it the wrong way. Drugs, leg and a couple of glasses of wine probably doesn't help. I'll wind my neck in.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
              Sorry, I took it the wrong way. Drugs, leg and a couple of glasses of wine probably doesn't help. I'll wind my neck in.
              Sorry, forgot how sensitive drunken cripples can be!
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Sorry, forgot how sensitive drunken cripples can be!
                Drunk too much last night, haven't had a tipple for ages. I think if I am that sensitive, time to walk away from the computer for a few hours. Shouldn't have bitten at that

Cheers, see you later.

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                  My mum, who is in a similar market, opted for a Citroen C3. I have no idea if it's any good or not as I've not seen it yet.
                  Ok will look at that too

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
                  for 3000 miles a year would it be more cost effective to find a decent local cab firm and arrange some form of regular service / reduced rate ?
                  It’s not a cost issue, own car = independence & freedom

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  I'm assuming its short distances around town only....
                  Daily commute of circa 12m: I do the rest of the driving

But thanks for the sensible comments will go look at cars on Sunday
                  Growing old is mandatory
                  Growing up is optional

Comment

I love the look of the IQ's. Wide but short looks very quirky.

My other half has had two Aygo's and I have to say they are pretty smart. She only does 3k a year but you can fit 5 in at a squeeze and can fit a reasonable amount of shopping etc so can be useful. Very simple car, not much can go wrong but can easily get 4 of us to Wales and back without a problem and hold a steady 80/90 on a flat motorway. Her sister and her mum also have them now.

Although not my type of car I can't fault it tbh. 8k brand new or 154 a month on 3 year deal with Toyota and she just gets a new one at the end. There is so little between these cars I think it has to come down to personal choice. Hardly worth swapping based on spec once you have one you like.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Used my mum's C1 (which is effectively the same as nearly every car quoted in this thread so far) during a dire need period last year, found it absolutely fantastic for the job and would have one if I was lucky enough to live AND work in the same town.

Currently on an i30 which is magnificent and highly recommended
                      Last edited by Mephisto; 13 September 2013, 11:08. Reason: spelin
                      Permietractor (probably)

Comment

Working...
                      X