• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Throw the book at him

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Throw the book at him

Motorist snapped reading a book at 70mph - Telegraph

“He didn’t even notice me taking his picture and only looked across when we got alongside. I hope the Police catch him and throw the book at him.”

Was it the highway code he was reading?

Comment

Would have helped if he captured the number plate ...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        His wife did - separate photo. Given to the rozzers.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          Erm...

Mr Ashton’s wife Stacey was able to take a photograph of the irresponsible motorist and take a note of his car registration, which the couple have now passed to Cheshire police.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Would have helped if Telegraph did not show blank screen in place of article ...

Comment

Left-hand drive import?

Comment

Hang on a minute. The guy is a computer engineer, and 'his wife' took the picture?

Bullmud.

and also

He said: “This man did not even see us approaching from behind as we overtook him at 70mph, and when we got passed my wife saw him through the rear view mirror continuing to read.

“He is an accident waiting to happen I couldn’t believe what I was seeing. I’ve seen lots of people breaking the law on their mobile phones and I’ve seen many accidents in my time as a motorist but surely this takes the biscuit.

He didn’t even notice me taking his picture and only looked across when we got alongside
                He should be having his collar felt himself.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                  He should be having his collar felt himself.
                  He should also get a swift one in the nads for being such a sodding do-gooder.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Left-hand drive import?
                    I do enjoy reading the paper when my wife is driving and we're on UK motorways.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                    X